should i get a 6505+ or a krankenstein?

Quote by Gabel
Simple. It's the amp. Getting EVH tone out of a Twin Reverb is as likely as Nazis supporting jews.
6505 +, the Krankenstein is ****. I'll just wait for the other guys to agree with me and explain why.

EDIT: and I have played both before and the 6505 + kicks the ever loving crap out of the Krank, thats why I bought the Peavey.
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
Last edited by Cone 21 at Aug 24, 2006,
depends what sound you're going for. old school thrash stuff i'd say krank. like van halen/nu-metal i'd look at 6505.

also look at the boogie triple recs. they're beastly.
i lost my virginity. can i have yours?

Member #18 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join

One nation, under a fictitious almighty power
^ Nu-metal on a krank, old school thrash "Stuff" on a 6505. I actually really liked the krank revolution combo. But I have to agree, playing a 5150 was a tad better.
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Laney GH100L with Marhsall 1960BV
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone
ok , i hear all the time on hear that krank sucks . some of my favorite bands play krank . most of my fav bands play 6505 but still - what is it about them that makes them suck . im not trying to sound like an ass here i just would like someone to fill me in so when someone says "hey , what have you heard about krank amps " i can explain to them instead of saying....uh Shadows Fall uses them.
Gear: Ibanez RG350ex , Schecter Gryphon , Paul Reed Smith Santana SE , Fender Standard Splatter Strat , Peavy Raptor ,Carvin v3 , Peavey cab . BOSS DD-6 Digital Delay , flanger ,super overdrive , turbo distortion ,and DIME Crybaby From Hell.
They just endorse them for more cash, but I don't hate bands for it, recording and touring does cost alot of cash. Plus the Krank Rev. is not as bad a the Krankenstein but waaaaaaay over priced for what it is.
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
yeah i have heard the rev is better . and most bands pictured with the kranks have the revolution anyway.
Gear: Ibanez RG350ex , Schecter Gryphon , Paul Reed Smith Santana SE , Fender Standard Splatter Strat , Peavy Raptor ,Carvin v3 , Peavey cab . BOSS DD-6 Digital Delay , flanger ,super overdrive , turbo distortion ,and DIME Crybaby From Hell.
Krank's aren't bad amps, I actually kind of like them, the only problem is that you can ONLY get a modern metal tone from them. And that they are horribly overpriced.
yes they are very over-priced . and they havent even been around long . its like their plan in the beginning was " ok , pay someone 50,000 dollars to stand next to this amp onstage , with it not hooked up , and take a picture . BAM thats 1,700 right there . but i do like mostly modern metal . i have respect for old metal though cause without those guys , we wouldnt have the new guys .... but slipknot....dont know how they were influenced ....
6505+ will sound meaner and a tad brighter.

krank will sound more grainy and darker.

i haven't tried a rev one, but the krankenstien i played was subpar.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
i thought the 6505's were really dark sounding .
Quote by guitar_nate
depends what sound you're going for. old school thrash stuff i'd say krank. like van halen/nu-metal i'd look at 6505.

also look at the boogie triple recs. they're beastly.

Other way around. And the Triple Rectifiers are crap.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
6505+ is so much better than krank. i own a lot of amps. i actually collect them. and i bought a krank without trying it just to have one in the collection. i tried it out it was decent. i wanted to comapre it. so i plugged into a 5150 and a 6505. i returned the krank the next day and bought lunch for 2 with the money i got back for it.
6505 hands down...
I played a Krankenstein...
and put lightly...
it sounded like a big, bassy version of my old squier practice amp with
the gain cranked...
and it cost about 200 times as much...
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
You have a SOldano SLO100 RocknRollGod, I bet thats sweet.
Hamer USA Chapparal Custom, scalloped fretboard & Sustainiac
Hamer USA Chapparal Elite, Dragon Snakeskin finish
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Mesa 50/50 Stereo Power Amp
Laney 4x12 Cab
not the krank. obviously try it though, you may like it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?