What do i need to record music from my guitar onto a cd-r and be able to mix it and double track onto a cd-r? What are the things it requires, and how much will it cost?

I want something will good clarity and ability to mix it well at least decent frequency.
well, id recommend using a digital video camera (hopefully you already have one)
record yourself playing guitar where it sounds good on the camera.

put it onto the computer (the video)

download and open audacity (google it to download)

click record and play the video
this will rip the audio off of it and u can also change volume, add more tracks, etc.

go to file, export as wav.
burn on CDR, congratulations
Quote by nine01n
well, id recommend using a digital video camera (hopefully you already have one)
record yourself playing guitar where it sounds good on the camera.

put it onto the computer (the video)

download and open audacity (google it to download)

click record and play the video
this will rip the audio off of it and u can also change volume, add more tracks, etc.

go to file, export as wav.
burn on CDR, congratulations

What on earth? Thats an expensive and retarded way to do that!
If you have a decient sound card you can run your guitar through your typical rig, then run a cable to the computer from your amp (or if you have an effects setup with left and right channel out, you can use the non-used channel on that to send to the computer, but if you use effects that are in your amp, this isn't an option), and hook it to the computer using a 1/4" to 1/8" adaptor. Quality isn't great, but its not bad. Audacity is a good program to use for recording. I hear good things about some professional tools that run $100(USD)+ but Audacity is fine for small time recording, and its free.

Note: I do mean a good sound card, I'm not joking. If its not good, it'll sound horrible. Also, watch the gain when recording to a computer... they tend to over distort.

Or you could buy an insturment mic for in front of your amp and run it to your computer. Your call. Its a little cheaper for doing it direct to the computer, as insturment mics are not cheap, at all.

Then, once you've done the recording, you can just have Audacity save as an MP3, and burn the MP3 file(s) to a CD-R. Ta-dah.
^ i guess that works, but isnt really the best solution by any stretch of the imagination (bah, thats to the guy above the guy above me). there are much better things that can run you anywhere from $3 on to multiple thousands and anything in between. it really depends on what your budget is and what you are doing exactly.

one of the cheapest and simplest things you can do is buy a simple cable that has a 1/4" male end and a 1/8" male end. so basicly its a guitar cable but one end is headphone size instead of instrument size. then you run that from the line out on your amp to the line in on your soundcard. record using a free program such as audacity and you can do some simple editing. this way works well enough, just dont expect high quality out of it.

if you feel like spending a bit more, then i or someone else can help you out with that as well.
I like the last one. lol. I dont have that much money. I am broke at the moment but those are all good ideas. That digital camera thing is just way high for me. i dont have that kinda money. But the last one sounded good
^The digital camera way is probably the stupidest method I've ever heard of. Buying a video camera to record yourself playing guitar is absolutely rediculous. First factor being as in most consumer video cameras the microphone is absolutely pathetic and what you are paying for is the video. Which makes using a camcorder to capture audio pathetic. Get a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter and try recording that way, it's not going to be amazing quality, but it's going to be pretty decent for what you seem to want.