Well with all the arguing ive seen in threads about whats true metal and whats core and all that **** im a bit confused. I know clearly what metal used to be with bands like Maiden, Priest, Metallica and Black Sabbath but today its all got way out of hand with all the subgenres and people bitching at each other.

These days i dont usually say what genres im into when people ask me about music coz everyone has their own idea of what genres mean so i just list my favourite bands.

Anyway i would like to know what you think are examples of straight up metal bands today, no sub genres, just metal.
Megadeth - Oh wait thats Thrash metal, please god dont kill me
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
# metallic element: any of several chemical elements that are usually shiny solids that conduct heat or electricity and can be formed into sheets etc.
# cover with metal
# metallic: containing or made of or resembling or characteristic of a metal; "a metallic compound"; "metallic luster"; "the strange metallic note of the meadow lark, suggesting the clash of vibrant blades"- Ambrose Bierce
# alloy: a mixture containing two or more metallic elements or metallic and nonmetallic elements usually fused together or dissolving into each other when molten; "brass is an alloy of zinc and copper"
wikipedia would probably answer your question than agressive pimply teenagers. you have a vast resource at your fingertips. for the love of god, use it

another thing to take into consideration is "do you think this question has already been asked? more than twice? more than 3 times?" use the ****in search buddy.
I have never really gotten into metal because every day I come on UG someone mentions a kind I have never heard of before...
Please help me by reviewing my lyrics
Quote by limestone
Well with all the arguing ive seen in threads about whats true metal and whats core and all that **** im a bit confused. I know clearly what metal used to be with bands like Maiden, Priest, Metallica and Black Sabbath but today its all got way out of hand with all the subgenres and people bitching at each other.

These days i dont usually say what genres im into when people ask me about music coz everyone has their own idea of what genres mean so i just list my favourite bands.

Anyway i would like to know what you think are examples of straight up metal bands today, no sub genres, just metal.

There's no such thing, Maiden is NWBHM, Black sabbath is doom metal/hard rock, Metallica is thrash.

You see, subgenres are just there to help describe the music, because black sabbath and iron maiden sound nothing alike. Subgenres occur naturally, when reccomending a band, you would say "Here's some metal similar to black sabbath, its really slow, heavy and DOOMy," and eventually the metal bands that were slow and doomy would be put into a subgenre together so they could be identified easily.
What's metal and what's not is so so so simple.

What bands go in what subgenres is so so so simple.

But hey, how do I learn? Like the rest of us, you listen abusively to metal bands and you'll end up understanding what makes something metal and what subgenre it is. Even if I did describe it to you or named bands, it would be of little use.
I'm entitled to double post, so fück off!!!