I bought an SG special about a month ago,and i had to decide between it and a used SG Faded Special.Somehow,the SG Faded Special got a higher ranking in the reviews on this site.So does anybody know if theres any difference at all between the 2 besided the finish?
Gibson SG Special
Marshal AVT275x Amp
The only difference that people note that makes any sense is that the G string goes out of tune (Mine never did), the finish looks cheaper, and the birdge pickup is admittedly ****. Just drop an Iommi in it and take care of it, it'll be perfect. Promise.
"Chuck-E-Cheese called. They want their band back."
The difference is the finish. Either way, both are sh*tty.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
For speaking the truth? They're garbage guitars. They barely resonate, they're made of cheap, multiple piece bodies, and they're poorly constructed. They're bad guitars. As are nearly all Gibson's from the "faded special" series.

They're cheaply made guitars with the Gibson name slapped on them to allure n00bs like you into buying them so that you have a "real Gibson."

The fact is that for less money you could have gotten one of many much better instruments.

Also, I'd just like to point out that threatening someone on the internet is just about a weak as an insult comes.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Mine is one piece body with standard set neck and no notable flaws. More importantly, if I were a 'n00b' (God forbid I find a definition), I would have purchased an MG. By the way - that wasn't a threat. It was a joke. Do you honestly believe that anyone would make such a concise comment like that and still be serious? That's like replying with 'You're gay'. If you take it seriously, then your asshole is tighter than a Condoleeza Rice's. I've got a lot of experience with guitarist and guitar construction (My father built guitars with his friend for guys like Eddie Vetter, not that he's a great guitarist. My father just knows his ****.), and the only actual FLAW I've seen bewteen my SG and a standard is the bridge pickup. Otherwise, it sounds the same. The weight is different and all, but my SG is tough. It's been dropped, stepped on, kicked, and hit and it's still great. Plays amazing. Plus, I got it for 500 bucks since it was professionally repaired for having flaws courtesy of some ignorant bastards shopping at the store who played it.
"Chuck-E-Cheese called. They want their band back."
Quote by Xenn99
The difference is the finish. Either way, both are sh*tty.

the SG specials ive tried completely sucked balls.. horrible bridge pickup and wouldnt stay in tune worth a s*it.. the only way i could make it sound good was if i played it through a $3000 marshall stack

Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Quote by God Am
The only difference that people note that makes any sense is that the G string goes out of tune (Mine never did), the finish looks cheaper, and the birdge pickup is admittedly ****. Just drop an Iommi in it and take care of it, it'll be perfect. Promise.

Ur talking about the Faded?
Gibson SG Special
Marshal AVT275x Amp
used SG standard > special

they're everywhere and really a used guitar isnt much of a difference.
"The shopowner and his son ... well that's an entirely different story altogether ... I had to beat them to death with their own shoes."
K everybody whos responding to this by putting down the SG special/faded special, please stop.In no way did i ask your opinion on or experience with them,or what i should have got.Im happy with wut i have.And for all the whiners about the bridge pick up,i have a Duncan Seymour SH-4 jb model installed. Thanks to the one guy who stayed on topic.(even though im not sure which one he was talking about)
Gibson SG Special
Marshal AVT275x Amp
No offense, but you HAVE to be a n00b if you bought a Gibson SG Special AND an AVT series amp.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
Quote by God Am
Mine is one piece body with standard set neck and no notable flaws. More importantly, if I were a 'n00b' (God forbid I find a definition), I would have purchased an MG. By the way - that wasn't a threat. It was a joke. Do you honestly believe that anyone would make such a concise comment like that and still be serious? That's like replying with 'You're gay'. If you take it seriously, then your asshole is tighter than a Condoleeza Rice's. I've got a lot of experience with guitarist and guitar construction (My father built guitars with his friend for guys like Eddie Vetter, not that he's a great guitarist. My father just knows his ****.), and the only actual FLAW I've seen bewteen my SG and a standard is the bridge pickup. Otherwise, it sounds the same. The weight is different and all, but my SG is tough. It's been dropped, stepped on, kicked, and hit and it's still great. Plays amazing. Plus, I got it for 500 bucks since it was professionally repaired for having flaws courtesy of some ignorant bastards shopping at the store who played it.

First of all, not even $2200 Les Paul Standards are "one single piece" of mahogany. They are two pieces center joined.

SG Specials and Faded Specials are 3+ piece bodies. The one I tried was 4 pieces.

Your daddy should have helped you pick a decent guitar instead of just a name on a headstock.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Ambulance X
No offense, but you HAVE to be a n00b if you bought a Gibson SG Special AND an AVT series amp.

Well ive bin playing for 8 months, and i find what i have is better then most kids playing as long as i have.I live in Sudbury,and theres not that much variety.The only store that sells gibsons have,get this, 4 Gibsons on display!So theres not that much to choose from.I've found my Amp good so far,but i think ill get a DSL 50 watt Half Stack.
Gibson SG Special
Marshal AVT275x Amp
^Good choice for the new amp. I'd suggest you look at the combo versions instead of the halfstack though. Cheaper and still plenty of volume.

And an AVT is fine for home practice or band practice.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar