I know how bad the spyder 2 is and everything. But are all of these amps really bad? Like what about the flextone? Do they ALL suck?
My Rig:

Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Es-335 Deluxe
Line 6 Flextone 3 XL
Norman B-50
1980 Fender Acoustic

I've only tried one that was 100W, it might have been the Spyder 2 and it was really bad. I guess you can't expect much though when the price was $300 for 100W.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
every amp the line 6 makes that doesnt say Spyder/Spider are good, IMO.
Ovation Celebrity
MIJ STRAT
Ibanez Prestige S1220WNF
modded Ibanez GAX75
Fender tuner-DIGITECH EX-7-BOSS SD1-Ibanez CF7-Tech 21 TM 60
(LOOP)Boss DD20(Loop)
My soundclick page
yup .
Gear: Ibanez RG350ex , Schecter Gryphon , Paul Reed Smith Santana SE , Fender Standard Splatter Strat , Peavy Raptor ,Carvin v3 , Peavey cab . BOSS DD-6 Digital Delay , flanger ,super overdrive , turbo distortion ,and DIME Crybaby From Hell.
Because I know this guy thats selling a Flextone 3 for 450 and I wanna know if its a good amp or not. Im ganna go try and find one and try it but im asking here first
My Rig:

Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Es-335 Deluxe
Line 6 Flextone 3 XL
Norman B-50
1980 Fender Acoustic

I don't like the idea behind what Line 6 are trying to do. They're trying to make pro quality amps that just replicate the sounds of other amps, there's no uniqueness to them. There's also the question as to how accurate the sounds are. Personally I'd rather have a Vox AC30, JCM800, Dual Rectifier or any other amp with a unique tone than an amp that can, or tries to, sound like them and lets you switch between them
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Is the Flextone 3 anygood?
My Rig:

Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Es-335 Deluxe
Line 6 Flextone 3 XL
Norman B-50
1980 Fender Acoustic

^I hear the FT3 competes or even surpasses the Vox ADxxVT series that most UGers love dearly. Of course, check it out before you buy it. :P
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

I've played a flextone a few times, and I coulden't get a tone that I liked out of it. I don't just play blues even though my title implys that. I also could not get a decent metal or hard rock tone. So I would stay away from line 6 in general.
Muddy Waters Tele - Signed by the members of Canned Heat
PRS Soapbar SE - Signed by Michael Angelo Batio
H&K Statesman Quad EL-84
Dunlop Wah (modded to JH specs)
Ok, probs gna get whipped for entering this thread...but hey...its opinions right. I own the 120 watt Spider 2 amp and i'm over the moon with it. Yeah ok, the dude b4 made a point about it just replicating amps, but come on...what's original nowadays. I mean, all the metal guys have pretty much the same guitar tone. But anywayz...I've had it for almost a year now...been super handy for gigs....got 4 sweet tones set up on it..so overall, I like it. All you guys may disagree, but hey...we're humans, we're all different dude. There's probably some insane dude that doesn't like Mesa Boogies....you never know
-I'm new here-
^He has a bad taste in tone.
Incidentally I don't like Mesa Boogies, but I know they have good tone.

Anyways, the Line 6 stuff typically sounds VERY digital...I can't recommend it.
For 450 bucks you should start looking at tube amps.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
I have a bad taste in tone? Dude, you don't even know me/heard me play. I actually own this amp and have got some pretty sweet settings on it. I mean...no one's actually come up and said....dude ur amp sounds fake, it sucks...i've had one dude tell me that i should get rid of it simply becuase it was Line 6..but we were nowhere near a guitar or that amp so he didnt knwo ****. However I've had several people tell me that I've got a very good tone on it. Not just some pussy trebley dist, but a beefy powerful metal dist thats still got a sweet amount of treble on it
-I'm new here-
I believe the Flextone III retails around 700? And I think it's a hybrid, so the tone is going to be nicer than a plain SS.

However, like pink said... for 450 you could find tube amps, and with 700.. that'll be no problem. Just find a versatile combo.

EDIT:
Quote by IceColdGuitar
I have a bad taste in tone? Dude, you don't even know me/heard me play. I actually own this amp and have got some pretty sweet settings on it. I mean...no one's actually come up and said....dude ur amp sounds fake, it sucks...i've had one dude tell me that i should get rid of it simply becuase it was Line 6..but we were nowhere near a guitar or that amp so he didnt knwo ****. However I've had several people tell me that I've got a very good tone on it. Not just some pussy trebley dist, but a beefy powerful metal dist thats still got a sweet amount of treble on it

Who cares how you play? A bad tone is a bad tone. While you may like the tone from the Spider II, there is always better. Even for a low budget guitarist. Spider IIs suck, end of story.
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220

ive played this one line 6 amp that was pretty amazing. if im not mistaken, its an ax212. the JCM800 clean on it was awesome, with a bass, it was t3h s3x. it had about 100 different effects, which were all great.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Yeah, but come on. Its not like I'm the only dude that uses a Spider. Tonnes of pros use it...ok sure they got huge rigs and what not, but still, it's a sweet amp (in my opinion). And thats what really counts anyways. Its my amp, so my opinion matters basically. But whats the point in a web forum if you dont argue and just rely on opinion.

And basically, the dude said it doesnt matter how I play. I wasnt refering to my guitar playing....i meant...they hadn't actually heard my tone from my amp, so they don't know wheater my tone sucks or not
-I'm new here-
LMAO...tons of pro's use Spiders...?

And lol, I know KNOW Spider tone sucks. Proven fact around here kiddo.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
I've played a Spider II, and I've heard endless clips of it. There are no good tones in that amp.

And pros do NOT use those amps. Just because Spider II has an ad with a certain artist endorsing the amp (I'm assuming this is where you got that bull**** idea), does NOT mean that that artist plays the Spider II for kicks. Many artists can afford pratice amps that cost a grand.
Quote by rocknrollgod

Quote by Gutch220

Spider tone sucks. End of story. BTW, I think you should sell your spider and get an MG. After all, the overdrive is "Crushing".
Muddy Waters Tele - Signed by the members of Canned Heat
PRS Soapbar SE - Signed by Michael Angelo Batio
H&K Statesman Quad EL-84
Dunlop Wah (modded to JH specs)
^If you like a spider and hate an MG (or at least imply you hate it), then chances are you've never tried an MG and are just on a bandwagon. Spiders are hardly better.
Quote by rocknrollgod

Quote by Gutch220

Pretty sure the guy was being sarcastic about the MG comment. Calm down people.
My Gear:

Guitars
Squier Affinity Stratocaster w/ SD Hot Rails (Bridge)
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Amps
Peavey Studio Pro 112
VOX AD50VT Valvetronix
Ross Fame Series Bass 50

Effects
BOSS DS-1 Distortion
BOSS DD-6 Digital Delay
1. Spiders are ****ty starter amps and no pro in his right mind would use that on stage. Now... as a small amp to practice with in the tour bus, yeah, I'm sure many use it in that respect. It's cheap, sounds ok at low practice levels, and has different tones and effects to **** with. Otherwise, it has no place in a pro's rig.

2. Flextones are decent amps with great features. I've found by doing a side-by-side comparisons of several of its low-gain and classic amp models to be actually damn close to the real thing. The high gain models aren't as true to their originals though. Now that doesn't mean that you can't get a good heavy tones out of them. I had a loaner 60W Flextone III combo for about 6 weeks while my first El Diablo was being repaired, and I got some decent tones with it using some of the Marshall and Mesa Recto models. I used it for 5 band practices and 1 gig and it worked out great, even against a JCM 800. I had several people comment about my 'killer' sound after the show, so that was encouraging.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Flextones and Vettas are quite nice. A guy at my church got a killer Classic Rock/Blues/High Gain out of a Vetta II I think. I hear the Vetta II is better than the III.

Anyways, Flextones are pretty nice, but if it were me I would get a good tube combo and a couple pedals, but this is a good deal. Just remember, that if one of the effects breaks down, you will have to replace the whole amp(as I am not certain if you can replace only sections of the effects) or buy a stomp box instead. Consult the almighty Harmony-Central to see if it is reliable and what-not.

Happy Buying.
Quote by IceColdGuitar
Yeah, but come on. Its not like I'm the only dude that uses a Spider. Tonnes of pros use it...

Sigged.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
The Flextone is a good amp. In the studio, it's very flexible, and it's been very reliable live. I've set up a couple of rigs with the flextone 2 and 3 and they've proven themselves quite nicely. It's basically a POD with a power amplifier section in one box. But I'd have to say go with a tube combo if you're not prepared to dive into the amp and really re-learn how to tweak your tones...it will not be as simple as a tube amp. You need to watch how hot your input levels are with digital amps like this...as soon as you overdrive the front end, your tone will sound digital. As long as you keep the input levels just below clipping, you can drive the amp without any of the digital gremlins that usually plague digital amps like this. As far as an effect breaking, the entire amp is a digital modeler, so you're not going to lose an effect, you'll lose the entire amp. But as long as you don't act like a toe-head and try to variac this thing or wonder what will happen if you lay a metal rod across "all those little shiny dots on that green board", then you should be okay.
I use a POD for practising at my girlfriends and its fine.
I've used one in a live environment and I was'nt to impressed.
Haven't tried the amps, do'nt sound to hot judging by the comments on here.
Hamer USA Chapparal Custom, scalloped fretboard & Sustainiac
Hamer USA Chapparal Elite, Dragon Snakeskin finish
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Mesa 50/50 Stereo Power Amp
Laney 4x12 Cab
I have a line 6 flextone III and it's a pretty good amp. I can get a really nice clean sound out of it and a pretty decent blues/classic rock sound out of it, but I really can't do anything very heavy, but I'm sure that's very much to do with me using a telecaster. For 450$ I think it's a pretty good deal, I bought mine used for 300£ when I was on holiday in England.
Please vote for my band in a demo competition by clicking
here, pressing the button that says "Gi din stemme" and then connecting to facebook! Thanks a lot!
Quote by MAXWELLMURDER
Because I know this guy thats selling a Flextone 3 for 450 and I wanna know if its a good amp or not. Im ganna go try and find one and try it but im asking here first

I have one and its alright I can get some good tones out of it but I wouldnt buy it again mine has alot of feedback probelms and I dont know if thats normally or if mine is just screwed up but I wouldnt recommend it anyway.
Quote by sg-rocker173
^If you like a spider and hate an MG (or at least imply you hate it), then chances are you've never tried an MG and are just on a bandwagon. Spiders are hardly better.

actually i have one of each and the spider II is much better than the MG

i like the spider II's and line 6 in general so yes i would say theyre a good amp for the price..

however if youve got the cash just go ahead and hit the mesa boogies or jcm's or something awesome like that
Soul Collector of the BassMilitia PM Dinkydaisy

Co-leader of The league of toxicity33, Kankuro, Dr. Gonzo Slash, DownInAHole, Synyster Gates, This End Up, and Neil_.

You should've used the Pythagorean Theorem, BITCH

BLALLALALASSISSIS *shank*
it's not the gear but the user who makes the diffrence

line6 gear does require use by smart people thats all i am going to say
I've owned the Flextone III for roughly a year now. It's good for every genre of music once you've learned how to use it properly. I recommend it.
Quote by Friedmaniac
Spider tone sucks. End of story. BTW, I think you should sell your spider and get an MG. After all, the overdrive is "Crushing".

That's like trading in a 1999 Ford Focus for a 1998 Honda Civic.

Garbage.

Quote by anotherme
it's not the gear but the user who makes the diffrence

line6 gear does require use by smart people thats all i am going to say

What the hell? There is no amp which would be impossible for anyone with an IQ above 80 to operate. And if your sound sucks, then you'll feel worse about playing, and other people will be turned off even before your amazing soulful interlude or shredding solo.
Last edited by i_baked_cookies at Aug 25, 2006,
I own a spyder they suck
The Set-Up

Gibson Les Paul/Fender MIA Deluxe Strat --> MXR Super comp --> Boss DD-3 --> Dunlop Crybaby --> Need an amp, wanna sell me one?
i own a spider II, and I really didn't have any problems until i began to develop an ear for miniscule details. At which point I realized the synthetic-ness of it's sound. I can't tolerate it's distortion much, the cleans on it are meh for me. I don't use the cleans a whole lot.
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
Quote by Funkbass796
i own a spider II, and I really didn't have any problems until i began to develop an ear for miniscule details. At which point I realized the synthetic-ness of it's sound. I can't tolerate it's distortion much, the cleans on it are meh for me. I don't use the cleans a whole lot.

Yea, I used to own a Spider II (it was my first amp to go along with my first guitar). I was like sweet! Look at all the lights, and all this noise. Then, I visited a few guitar stores with about 5 months expereice, and started dicking with other amps... and then I realized what true tone is.

You'll hear me say it 10,000 times... The Line 6 Spider II is toneless garbage.
I hear the Vetta II is better than most low end tube amps, but I haven't played it myself.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
I have a Spider II, and I think it's a good amp. I don't know what people are complaining about, I've played on many friends' amps, and I still think I can get a better tone out of mine. Those amps have included many low and mid range Marshalls (as well as a JCM2000 stack which I didn't think was very good), Crates, and a bunch of others. While the clean tone isn't very good, the distortion on it owns all other similarly priced amps. The higher range Line 6's ARE used by pros, such as Michael Romeo from Symphony X, both guitarists from Akercocke, and a bunch of others.

And it certainly beats dozens of crappy distortion pedals and such, in terms of the effects offered on it, as well as the very good built in noise gate.

For a few of my settings, I get a tone very similar to the second Necrophagist guitar album, a mix between Covenant-era and Domination-era Morbid Angel, and other similar high gain sounds.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله