Anybody know what guitar gear Machine Head used on 'Through the Ashes of Empires' and what they use currently?
Last edited by dizturbed at Aug 24, 2006,
Didn't the singer use like an ESP F-Series guitar? The one that looks like a Strat copy but with like jagged bumps and shizz..

Either way.. it looks neat. I remember seeing his guitar on the Roadrunner United DVD.
My gear:

MIJ Squier Stratocaster

Washburn WR150 Quilted Top

Oscar Schmidt Semi-hollow Delta King

Epiphone Hummingbird

Amps: Fender Eighty-Five
peavey 6505's.

and he also uses that guitar he had made for him by ESP, the one with the inlays of machine head logos.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Yea Robb Flynn uses an ESP F series guitar with emg 81/85, a custom baritone flying V with their logo for the inlays, also with emg 81/85. Phil Demmel uses a Jackson RR model with emg's 81/85.......erm all in drop B and they both use peavey 5150's. Im still not sure what pedals Demmel uses.....ive got a feeling i saw a boss overdrive and some kind of crybaby....
Robb also plays an Acrylic BC Rich on Elegies for some of the older songs like Old & Block. And I believe I read something about them using a Phase 90 (though I'm not 100% sure)
Quote by BorisTheFish
Robb also plays an Acrylic BC Rich on Elegies for some of the older songs like Old & Block. And I believe I read something about them using a Phase 90 (though I'm not 100% sure)

Yea i knew they had some kind of phaser going, it wouldnt suprise me if it was the phase 90 but just rack mounted
Quote by dizturbed
Anybody know what guitar gear Machine Head used on 'Through the Ashes of Empires' and what they use currently?

Rob and Phil used an ESP F Baritone into 5150 heads and a Line 6 head which "sounds like ass most of the time" (Rob says himself :P) and they run stuff through it to make it sound ok... I thyink they use it on the beginning of Left Unfinished...

The effets is just crap loads that I can't rememebr....

Thats for recording but for live Rob uses his custom ESP... and Phil uses a Jackson RR1.. White usually..
Peavey doesn't make the 5150s anymore. Whats the next closest?

I have a Peavey XXX 112 combo.
5150+6505 so that would be the next closest
Quote by Dudage
Pussies play P-90's

Quote by jesus-squared
alright i'll try it
but if it falls out and my guitar breaks i'm going to eat your first born.
...just so you know