Poll: EHX Small Stone or EVH Phase 90?
Poll Options
View poll results: EHX Small Stone or EVH Phase 90?
EHX Small Stone
1 33%
MXR EVH Phase 90
1 33%
Other - Please specify
1 33%
Voters: 3.
Hey UG, my birthday is coming up, and I was wondering which phaser is better; EHX Small Stone or the MXR EVH Phase 90?

I would use the phaser on a clean setting, all the way to heavy distortion. I play a Squier Strat (Saving for an Ibanez S2170FB Prestige - Will put Dimarzio Evolutions into it.) into a Dunlop 535Q wah, Zoom 505II, all into a Peavey Rage 158 (also saving for a Carvin Legacy).

If you can't tell, I really like Vai music, lol.

I plan on buying a nice OD pedal once I get a tube amp and I will then ditch the Zoom 505II entirely.

Thanks for the help UG,

-Matt
I'd say the EVH because it's EVH and it has a 5150 paint job
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
The Small Stone. I own one, and I can't tell you how great it's tone is. It sounds great, it's got a cool old-school design, and it's got two modes of phase, where the Phase 90 only has one.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Quote by Kartman
The Small Stone. I own one, and I can't tell you how great it's tone is. It sounds great, it's got a cool old-school design, and it's got two modes of phase, where the Phase 90 only has one.

The EVH phase 90 has normal, and script logo.

Could you post some sound clips of the Small Stone with some gain?
Quote by Kartman

actually the EVH version has 2 modes, block and script modes. block is a more modern sounding mode and scripts is that old vintage sound they had on the original models. personally i dont think its worth the extra $50 for the script switch since you can get almost the same thing spending $3 and doing some simple mods, but hey you get a cool paint job.

ive never had a chance to play the small stone, but i have played the phase 90. the phase 90 is seriously great, and i love the sound from it. if you dont like the sound, well then since it doesnt have much to tweak you wont like it.
Both are great...
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
So they can both do the same stuff, but the EHX is just cheaper? If so, I can buy it in a local store, as opposed to online.
Of course you can...
If prices aren't relevant, local is always better than online.
I can get the EVH phase 90 online for about $140, or I could get the EHX in a local store for $88. So I guess I should go for the EHX?
Yeah, sounds good to me.