Page 1 of 2
On my 4-string: GHS Bass Boomers.

On my 5-string: Currently, Ernie Ball Power Slinkies (I think), although I want to get DR Black Beauties.

(Are the Black Beauties the same as the Hi-Beams, but different color, or are they a different string altogether?)
Quote by Scourge441

(Are the Black Beauties the same as the Hi-Beams, but different color, or are they a different string altogether?)

They're the same, just differently colored.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
i just realised that after the year and a few months of getting my bass i still forgot to change two strings.
To use Paul McCartney's famous reply; "Long shiny ones."

It's true though...no clue. I got my bass nine months ago or so, and I haven't bothered to change the stock strings...with guitar I get pretty anal retentive with string again, but on bass, I can't really hear it...lol.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
DR Hi-Beams
D'Addario Nickels
D'Addario Flats

On fretted basses my favorite is without a doubt DR Hi-Beams
haha
Quote by Greenday389
I have a set of Rotosound Steve Harris sigs on my bass and they're fricken asome.

Aren't those the ones with the crazy-ass 125 guage E string?
Quote by GreenDayChris
I drink, and say oi occasionally. but I can't get laid to save my life.

Quote by Symphonic_Chaos
MX4Life you fucking godhaha
fretless: Rotosound Pinks
5: Ernie Ball Slinkies
Cort: D'Addario i think?
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
fatties
MEMBER 6 OF I <3 Online Putt Putt Group
Puttsecks?
Quote by DoTheEvolution
I like peni better. It sounds funnier.
"a group of naked guys jumped me, I have never seen so much peni ."
he likes peni

Captain of the Rage Against the Myspace Club. PM Bloody Mary to enlist.
I have GHS strings on my bass. But, I want something that's more trebly and doesn't sound as flat as them. Would Rotosound strings give me what I want?
I only use D'Addario Chromes flatwounds and Rotosound Jazz Bass flatwounds. I play a lot of jazz and they fit well.

I started on GHS Boomers and then I moved to Rotosound Swing Bass Stainless Steels. When I saw the grooves they were eating into my frets I decided to permenantly switch to flatwounds.
Quote by MX4Life
Aren't those the ones with the crazy-ass 125 guage E string?

125 is a B string.

My strings are 50-110 so the E's guage is 110.
ghs bass boomers 40-95.

i like the tone more than heavy gauges, and it lets me bend easier.
Quote by 83lespaulstudio
i use Rotosound SwingBass 66's (45-105). their website has sound samples.
www.rotosound.com

I use the same. I love them, between the strings and my EMG-HZs/active electronics, I can get everything from a sound almost reminicient of Rush when Geddy played a Ric (its the closest I've ever heard any bass come that's not a Ric, but even then its just not the same. nothing but a Ric sounds like a Ric.) to deep boomy sound that sits perfectly in any metal band. I love those strings.
Now introducing: thefitz: thegame. It's what all the cool kids are playing!

For rules and details please see thefitz's signature. Fett13 Inc. is not responsible for any injuries or loss of life resulting from thefitz: thegame
©2008 Fett13 Inc.
i'm runnin Warwick black labels
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
used to have ernie ball slinkies, custom gauge, 45-130 on my 5
now on the 6 the only set available when i looked up a store was a yamaha med. light 32-125 (i'm on a budget)
Ernie Ball Regular Slinkys.
I want to get some strings with a jazzier tone.
does anyone have any recomendations?
Member #4 of The Geddy Lee Fan Club
PM RIC4003 or timmEH to join
currently on my ESP i have DR Black beauties. I'm planning on getting a set of Ernie Ball strings, 55-115. Should be easier to get Rex's sound now.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
I havent played that many different brands in my short years of playing bass...

some strings I've used are DM Blue Steels (didnt like em), EB Super Slinkies (they're OK), Musicians Friend Brand Strings (you get what you pay for I guess), Heavy Gauge GHS Bass Boomers (died quickly but I liked the sound of the worn-in heavy strings for some reason), and Rotosound Flats on my Fretless (pretty good)...

My next string purchase will be a set of these Ken Smiths
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ken-Smith-RMM5-Rock-Masters-Medium-5String-Bass-Strings?sku=102775
"All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration and we're all one consciousness experiencing ourselves subjectively, theres no such thing as death, life is just a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves."
Last edited by XeNoCiDe730 at Aug 27, 2006,
DR Hi-Beam on my Italia and cheap Warwicks on the Ibanez (will replace them with DR's soon 'cause they play very good)
'Have you felt the trembling in your stomach, the bass that leads us there'
Quote by henkschins
DR Hi-Beam on my Italia and cheap Warwicks on the Ibanez (will replace them with DR's soon 'cause they play very good)

Nothing beats Hi-Beams. They are what I am using right now. The best strings I have ever played

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
Ernie Balls 105 or 100 on bass regular slinkey are about 24$ and there awesome. Elixers are maybe 40 45$'s. You can try Ghs there cheeper and same tone as ernie balls just dont last as long.
Quote by Incubus_SCIENCE
Nothing beats Hi-Beams. They are what I am using right now. The best strings I have ever played

hey incy what kind of tone do you get out of hi beams and whats the best kind of music to play with them?
Page 1 of 2