Hey,

Maybe someone can give me a suggestion. I"m upgrading my gear. Check out my signature to see what I'm working with now. The amp is old.

But, here's what I'm looking for. I just bought a POD to do recording, however, it's got way to many settings than I need. My current amp sucks a$$ with distortion. Sounds like garbage. I'm thinking of returning the POD and getting individual pedals. However, I wonder if I should get a new amp instead. I live in an apt and can't be loud. So, a 15W will do. Should I rely on the amp's distortion and just get a Wah and Echo? Or should I use all the effects on the amp? Price isn't an issue.

I just want something that can play really low and sound good. Any suggestions on how to achieve?
Try this.

Get a pair of computer speakers and an adapter that converts the input from the speakers to a size suitable for the POD. Then plug it into the headphones jack. That'll sound much nicer than your Peavey.

By the way, multi FX work best with FRFR type speakers. This includes stuff like keyboard amps, headphones, PA systems, computer speakers.. Try my suggestion if you're not going to be jamming with other people or a band.

Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

get a smokey
Quote by steven seagull
good, however give yourself a pat on the back for starting a thread that contains a picture of Optimus Prime!

Quote by Schneiderman
This thread sucks and is now about slot cars.
I still think sort of FRFR will compliment his POD way better than the Rage 158, and will most likely change his mind about returning it.
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

what's the budget?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Without a budget it's a tough call.

Vox AD15 or Roland Cube for reasonable price.

THD Univalve if you have $1000
Marshall 18w if you have $2500
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Quote by Mudder
Without a budget it's a tough call.

Vox AD15 or Roland Cube for reasonable price.

THD Univalve if you have $1000
Marshall 18w if you have $2500

exactly.

cornford hurricane if you have loads as well.

so yeah, it's totally based on price.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?