I play in a band (well we're really just at the jamming stage at the moment) and our drummers just got back from holiday and as much as it will be great to play with a drumer again, we can't actually here ourselves playing over the nosie of the drums. So my question is HOW THE HELL DO YOU QUIET DOWN THOS F*CKING DRUMS!

PS we've tried putting magazines on the drums, but that just doesn't work.

PPS I've sarted several threads, just about every one of thems been closed down because i'm posting in the wrong place, please don't shut this down if this is the case, i really gotta know.
Quote by Brainwash
Get bigger amps/turn your current amps to ELEVEN.

Fixed.

Uhh mess with your EQ and volume settings I suppose?
Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

PM Soulfly_freak or sock_demon to join
sheets and tape...not a drummer so i dont know exactly where to apply, but my drummer bud did it cuz his landlord complained
Quote by Raven
i would much rather go to the ****ing hospital and have them surgically reattach my penis instead of slap some silly puddy on there and call 'er "mangled johnny"
Ye our amps/keyboard are all pretty load but just get killed by the noise of the drums. Quieter pads, sorry not a drummer elaborate.
Quote by Burpin'Worm
You have a small penis and will never satisfy a woman.
Quote by 吉他手成年
Get drum silencers (i think theyre called something like that). They are basically big pads that you put on top of the drums and cymbals that make them quiter. I have some for my set. If you need any more info on them tell me and ill go look at them for you.

Sweet tell me more, (cost?)
Quote by Burpin'Worm
as a drummer, i absolutely hate them, but theres a kind of stick called a hotrod. a bunch of thin sticks bound together.
they suck to play with, but they're quiet (and they work well for jazz).
otherwise, if your drummers decent, just tell him to play quieter.
Resident Melbournian of the AUSTRALIA FTW! Club. PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join. Australians only.
to quiet the bass put a pillow in it, and on the heads of the sticks cut out two circle from some wash clothes and duct tape them on top of the heads, make sure to make them looser though cause it will pocket the air and cause less of a big thud when you hit them skins or cymbals
Sex is good
Sex is fine
Doggy Style & 69
Just for fun
Or gettin paid
Everyone likes gettin laid
Thanks.

If you have any more suggetions in the words of all girls from essex: 'keep it coming'
Quote by Burpin'Worm
pinkhaze29 if your reading, i just nicked your quotes, sorry, its too god damn good.
Quote by Burpin'Worm
Oh and thanks, i may have to suggest he gets some of them
Quote by Burpin'Worm
Quote by lordshepp
pinkhaze29 if your reading, i just nicked your quotes, sorry, its too god damn good.

I saw.

Oh and thanks, i may have to suggest he gets some of them

No problem.
are you guys all in a circle? have the amps like facing the center of the room and have it set up like a circle and you'll achieve better volume control.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
- Jimi Hendrix
Well, this worked with our drummer but try facing the bass drum towards the wall it makes it quieter in smaller rooms, It worked for me...
Quote by Punk as atticus
are you guys all in a circle? have the amps like facing the center of the room and have it set up like a circle and you'll achieve better volume control.

no. Not true at all. And that will **** up your acoustics.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Play in a bigger space, and get louder amps?

Sorry I can't be of more help, I've just been up all night and can't think straight.
Tell the drummer to play softer. Problem solved. A drummer worth jamming with can bring his dynamics down to almost nothing..
Quote by les_kris
Corwinoid is God
I'm not even God-like... I've officially usurped the Almighty's throne.
Click here to worship me.

Member #3 of the Corwinoid Fan Club
for my 2 cents, i'd say turn up yer amps, i don't know what kind of music yer playing but i'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's prolly supposed to be rock (and if i'm wrong and it's jazz, blues, slow country or anything like that yer drummer should already be using jazz sticks and things like that to give different dynamics to the percussion and should know this given that he's the drummer) but yeah if yer playing rock or anything loud you really need to crank yer amps up, a drummer playing quietly while guitars are going quick is going to sound a little odd (maybe not bad, different for sure) but i think that's prolly not the sound yer going for (again assuming its rock yer playing)
Brushes are a good idea but our drummer still managers to do rim shots or summat with em so that doesnt quiet him down. Vic Firth do some really good drum mutes which seem to be recommended by music stores. Try some of those
Tell him to not play so loud! :]
My Gear:
  • Baby Blue Fender MexiStrat
  • Vox AD30VT

MikeLikes2Rock, I tried your idea, Genius!

Yeah, I'm a genius.