roughly how much would it cost to put humbuckers ($60 ones) on my telecaster (including the cost for the humbuckers)? also, how will this help the sound of my telecaster? thanks!
i put a humbucker and a replacement single coil in my strat (original mexican strat) and it ran me about 40 bucks. Adding Humbuckers will give you a lot thicker of a tone compared to the original telecaster twang. Mostly it matters what humbucker you were planning of putting it in, what are your ideas so far?
"The shopowner and his son ... well that's an entirely different story altogether ... I had to beat them to death with their own shoes."
most techs charge between 40 and 50 to install pickups for you.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
between 40 and 50? sounds good. what all will they have to do to my guitar?
take the pickgaurd off,solider off the wires and then re-wore the guitars pickups,and wire up the new one(S) and then soldier them bak in and its set...
What new friends will the day bring?

Private in the 7>6

[Member of the Ibanez S Players.] PM Striketalonx to join
1. no offense or anything, but there is no flippin way in this world im gonna do it myself, i would screw up the entire guitar. thanks for the help though, lol

2. another question: will my pickguard have to be cut to fit the guitar? and when i buy new ones do i have to get someone to cut the pick guard to pit over the humbucker? (i have a tele obviously and there is a hole for a single coiled pickup to go through but it isnt big enough for a humbucker.)
2. youve got two options, one which you mentioned. you could cut up your pickguard to fit said pickup or you could just get a whole new pickguard that was made to fit a humbucker in the neck position