When I am struming the chords G,D,C is it normal that there is a slight vibrating noise kind of buz like coming fomrthe guitar not the amp?
Quote by bTOMd
if your a noob yes or it could just be your guitar but i had that problem too and it was because i was a noob.

me two.
just keep practicing your chords. after awhile they will get to sounding better as your fingers can make them easier and better.
So what you all are saying that since I'ma noob my chords make buzzing sounds which is normal being a nooob and all. And following this logic the only way to fix this buzzing sound is not to be a noob.

So I ask how and when do I not become a noob?
lol their tight on you, press down harder on the strings, or press excactly between the frets, its important you press the right place, or raise your action (strings)
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
Quote by BillPana
So what you all are saying that since I'ma noob my chords make buzzing sounds which is normal being a nooob and all. And following this logic the only way to fix this buzzing sound is not to be a noob.

So I ask how and when do I not become a noob?

practice, young padawon
Thanks for the advice Welsh and gdm09. I'll keep on parctcing it haas only been 2 days since starting to learn to play so I guess this buzzing is normal.
2 days? yeah, just keep practicing. and dont forget to learn songs you know. some songs with those chords in them are good riddance by greenday (it has an Em in it too), i think sweet home alabama, and there are a lot of praise songs (if your a christian that is).
Quote by BillPana
When I am struming the chords G,D,C is it normal that there is a slight vibrating noise kind of buz like coming fomrthe guitar not the amp?

It is normal for beginner players. With time and practice, you gain the strength in your fingers to eliminate that buzz.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

It might even be your a couple things

Your action could be too low, resulting in not enough room for the strings to vibrate and they will buzz against the higher frets

Your neck is bowed which will give the same effect.

You should consider taking your guitar into a shop and have it setup professionally, if you haven't already. Especially if your a new player, your guitar shop guy can show you your way around the guitar and tell you how to do simple things that will keep your guitar in good shape for years.
ESP LTD EC-400 Archtop

Robert Keeley Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer-
ISP Decimator-
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer-
B-52 AT-100-
Basson B412-4
Im a newbie too.. Who can tell me what songs are best for newbies.. I mean playing from a tab.. sorry for my broken english.. im a Malaysian
the reason you are having buzz is cos your fingers arent strong enough, build finger strengh, if you have powertabs then search for "steve vai 10 hour guitar workout" the first workout is enough to build finger strength and speed and picking speed, i use it every time i practice as a warm up
and beginner songs, smells like teen spirit - nirvana
brain stew - green day
learn them to get used to powerchords and notes and mutes
Quote by BingYao
Im a newbie too.. Who can tell me what songs are best for newbies.. I mean playing from a tab.. sorry for my broken english.. im a Malaysian

Try the chords for Hey Joe - Hendrix, and Buffalo Springfield's "For What It's Worth" or try to learn the chords to a Beatles song, take your pick.

And then of course there's the songs that every guitarist tries to learn immediately like Smells Like Teen Spirit and Enter Sandman
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
I will try all your suggestion. Thanks you all have been a huge help.

Cheers
Quote by BingYao

i always rocommend Closing Time by Semisonic since it has a nice even pattern (G D Am C)