I have an opportunity to trade my black & maple MIM strat with Texas Specials and my red & rosewood MIM strat with a S-1 switching system for a new USA Sunburst & Rosewood Highway 1 Strat or SSH Highway 1 Strat. I can choose which one I want.

The Red MIM is about 10 years old but in good shape and my black one is about three years old and also in good shape.

I'm thinking about it but can't decide whether owning two loaded MIM strats is better than owning one USA made Highway 1. I can only play one at a time right? I am kind of tired of owning the MIM strats though.
i wouldnt do it, a loaded mim strat is better than a highway one strat anyday
Quote by CORT noob
Sex her, take the guitar, then sex her mom and have her walk in on you. Then, mom is happy, she doesn't want to be your friend anymore, and you keep the geetar. It's a win win for America!
Hell, I'll buy one off of you. Haha.

Seriously though, keep your MIM Strats.

Highway 1 Strats are.. ehh.. not so good.
My gear:

MIJ Squier Stratocaster

Washburn WR150 Quilted Top

Oscar Schmidt Semi-hollow Delta King

Epiphone Hummingbird

Amps: Fender Eighty-Five
the necks are supposedly better on a highway 1.

but other than that, it's the same as a mex made.
i would keep the MIM unless the frets felt worn. especially since u put all that work into adding the texas pups and other options.

if u dont like them. i doubt ull like the hw1. look into a different brand, guitar type.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Well, then how about both MIM strats for a slightly used regular USA strat with rosewood and EMGs? I think he may part with that one.

As you can tell, I am eager to unload my MIMs for an American Strat.
Don't trade in! You're going to get ripped off. If you want a MIA, for god sakes, buy an MIA.
well then yes like said, get a real MIA, and im not an emg fan but meh, depends on the music u play.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
The new Highway One's are really nice. They aren't quite as good as Standard Americans but they are still better than Mexicans.

But if I was you I'd save up for a Standard American, that's what I'm doing.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Yea if you go on the fender site, they re-did all the Hwy 1 strats.
"And you will never hear surf music again..."
sell me your peavey t-60??
Quote by drevil814
Be a man and tell her off. If that doesn't work, a roundhouse kick to the face will.

Quote by flesh fries
im not racist....ive got a color tv
try out the MIA and see if there are any worn marks and then if you really love it then trade
Quote by BlinkBlinkBlink
sell me your peavey t-60??

Sorry! I sold that boat achor three months ago for $250. I liked the guitar but it was too damn heavy. They're quite common anyway. E-Bay is always listing them.
I decided not to trade the MIMs for the Highway 1 after seeing online that the Highway 1's are going for as low as $499 new on sale including shipping. I'll just buy one new and keep my nicely juiced MIMs.
Quote by Siciliano
Should I trade my MIM Strats for a new Highway 1 Strat?

NO!

Quote by Siciliano
I decided not to trade the MIMs for the Highway 1 after seeing online that the Highway 1's are going for as low as $499 new on sale including shipping. I'll just buy one new and keep my nicely juiced MIMs.

How about not acting like you're a spoiled impatient brat, and save up the extra cash for real american standard?

Okay, sorry, i'm in a bad mood. But still, the highway 1 won't be much of an upgrade compared to those mexicans of yours. I also considered the highway 1 for a while, but after playing not only one, but two of them, i realized i was better off saving up for the standard strat.
Well, just to be like everyone else, here's my rig:

Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Washburn J28SDL

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
Last edited by refgerto at Aug 27, 2006,
Hell, a MIA isn't much better than a MIM/MIJ either. Aside from the extra fret and better rolled necks, there's not much difference.

The pick ups are slightly better but I'd still replace them for better ones.

The only 'stock' Fenders that I wouldn't mod would be a custom shop/relic!
Quote by Joranges
Hell, a MIA isn't much better than a MIM/MIJ either. Aside from the extra fret and better rolled necks, there's not much difference.

The pick ups are slightly better but I'd still replace them for better ones.

The only 'stock' Fenders that I wouldn't mod would be a custom shop/relic!

You forget better quality wood for body material, upgraded tailpiece and better tuners. In other words, better overall quality.
Well, just to be like everyone else, here's my rig:

Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Washburn J28SDL

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
Oh yes, I forgot to mention he wanted $250 and my two MIMs for the regular non-Highway 1, American strat Black & Rosewood. I balked at the deal.
and better pickups too....
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Ok... I just dumped the Frankenstein MIM Strats for a new American non-Highway 1 Strat Sunburst with Rosewood including case.

I went to a family owned music store and they gave me much more than Sam Ash in trade and their guitar was priced lower. I had to part with a nominal amount of cash around $200 though.

The MIMs served their purpose but I finally got the guitar I've always wanted after all those years without it damaging my wallet!! I am very pleased and it sounds great!!! I wish I could post a photo of it. My guitar trading and hustling days are now over!!!

P.S. Sam Ash Sucks!!!! They will continue to try to rip you off.