I just got a new Fender Blues Jr and I can't get it to connect to my guitar. Now I know the amp is getting enough power because when I turn it up loud I can hear static. I think it is the cord from my guitar to my amp. It is the same cord that I use on my Peavey Rage 158, so do I have to get a cord with larger size ends(dont know the technical name). Do you think thats what it is? Also the volume control on my guitar is turned up so it is not that and all the knobs on the amp were turned up. Do you guys think I just need a different cord? Thanks for the help in advance
is the volume on ur guitar turn up?

and it takes a standard 1/4" guitar plug/cable.

there is a volume and a master volume on that amp. make sure u have them both working for u.

http://media.samedaymusic.com/media/brand,sameday/0213205000v6_hi-a38b485acb29f23f7b54d24f508df1ee.jpg

the second and the last in the row.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Aug 24, 2006,
try turning up the master volume.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
There is no standby it is a smaller tube amp
All the knobs were turned up all the way
did you buy it used? Check if all the tube in the back are connected, unplug it first, turn the volume up on your guitar.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
swap out ur guitar cord and check ur guitar input to see if its loose.

check the tubes like said. dont touch them with bare hands. and what type of guitar cord are u using if its not a 1/4"?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Bought brand new off musicians friend and I use a cord that fits into a Peavey Rage 158. The tubes work because they were hot (Found out the bad way) It has to be the cord because when I put the other end in to my guitar theres not even static (you know the kind if you have when you plug in the guitar.) And my guitar and the cord both work on my Rage 158 so I must need a different cord
Last edited by tarheelfan2 at Aug 24, 2006,
well, guitar cords are interchangeable.

they are almost all 1/4" and a peavey rage input is most likely the same size as a Bjr input.
so if the cord and same guitar are working no prob on a peavey that same guitar and cord should work on the blues jr.

u say all the knobs on the amp are up. and the guitar volume is up because its working on the other amp.
the tubes are hot, but that doesnt negate the chance that something itsnt unplugged a little.
INCLUDing the speaker. look in the back of the amp. there is a wire that needs to be plugged in, i believe from the amp to a input in there. under the control panel.

just look in there make sure nothing is loose from shipping.
and again. dont touch the tubes wt bare hands.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Well I just noticed that if your looking at in the back of the amp, the tube that farthest to right is not straight in it is jutting out just a little bit towards if, say if you were looking in the back, is that normal, it's not a huge difference but you can notice it if you look closely enough. Do you have the amp?
Well I got it to work that tube was loose and I just stuck it in. Thanks for your help
im glad u got it to work, enjoy ur amp.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62