Page 1 of 2
I just bought lamb of gods new cd (so ****ing kill me) and it kicks ass. Basically i was just wondering what doesnt make them "metal" enough to be mentioned in this forum, seriously though, It sounds pretty ****ing metal to me.
i don't mid lamb of god, but metalcor has become a cliched genre, maybe thats why? i'm not sure.
Yea i expected posts like that. But alas no GOOD reasons why they are considered "metalcore" whatever the **** that is. But oh well i guess we may never know.
Haha well i can see i brought up a sensitive topic and im no longer wanted here. Try expanding your musical horizons all you ****ing ass bags. Now if youll excuse me im going to listen to john denver.
We like more then just Metal. It's just that we get these threads 4 to 5 times a week. It's annoying. That is why we flame these kind of threads.
Im not saying no one here listens to anything but metal, im just saying it seems that people get more pissed if you mention a "metalcore" or "nu-metal" band then if you mentioned some other genre of music. Its just funny to me is all.
Really? I must admit RHCP are out of place here but i dont think lamb of god are. But apparently im alone here. It just struck me as interesting on the dvd that came with the cd they are talking about what kind of metal they were and chris adler was throwing out terms such as speed metal. I just think it ultimately comes down to how each person classifies them. To me they sound metal. Bands such as Avenged Sevenfold have a distinctly different sound, i myself classify them as crap but they consider themselves metal. It just comes down to personal oppinion i suppose.
how is pantera not metalcore then if dime is sometimes regarded as the godfather of the breakdown??

just the vocal style??
Just Give'r
i have read it in more than a few of these metal (elitist) forums

BTW just for the record i love pantera and dime's playing. not at all trying to flame either
Just Give'r
Quote by DemonXros
I just bought lamb of gods new cd (so ****ing kill me) and it kicks ass. Basically i was just wondering what doesnt make them "metal" enough to be mentioned in this forum, seriously though, It sounds pretty ****ing metal to me.

they are metalcore...eventhough metalcore is part of metal,but...the moderator wants it to be like that...heheh
Quote by DemonXros
Im not saying no one here listens to anything but metal, im just saying it seems that people get more pissed if you mention a "metalcore" or "nu-metal" band then if you mentioned some other genre of music. Its just funny to me is all.

Because we get it all-too fucking much.

Not many people come in and post a thread about jazz, blues, polka, classical or punk. Classic rock a little maybe, but nowhere near the amount of threads/posts we get about nu/metal/core
i think that lamb of god is one of the few recent bands that can be classified as just straight up metal. genres are stupid anyway some of u dudes really need to not be so ****in tightassed over every band being in a specific genre.
kill em all
Why don't you take a look at that third fucking sticky, cunt shit. There's a hardcore forum for a reason.
Quote by nomadic_sinner
i think that lamb of god is one of the few recent bands that can be classified as just straight up metal. genres are stupid anyway some of u dudes really need to not be so ****in tightassed over every band being in a specific genre.

and i have to agree with him on the genre issue, its not that big of a deal, i just really dont like lamb of god, lol, but i think he is asking the metal community on there opinions, which is why he posted it here, even though hes just gonna get ****, lol, he wouldnt get those opinions in the hardcore forum, would he?
Last edited by Schecter86 at Aug 24, 2006,
What the god damn fuck is wrong with people honestly. rules are fucking rules. dont ask questions, just follow the rules.
¤¤¤¤¤ ۩ ۝РЄŦĤ ۩ ¤¤¤¤¤
۩ ВŁĄÇĶŴĄŦЄŖ РĄŖĶ ۩

Quote by deadskinmask
I think you should listen to Bodom_Shredder7.

Quote by xolax
Listen to Bodom_Shredder, he knows what hes talking about

Quote by Alucard II
Bodom Shredder was right

SevenLastWordsOfChrist
Here we go again. N00bies disputing the rules and genres...

Look, if you think Lamb of God, Trivium etc are metal, good for you. Just follow the rules and post about them in the hardcore forum where they belong. What's so hard to understand about that? Instead of wasting your time arguing about how metal they are, just accept that most people consider them metalcore. You should take you own advice when you tell people to not be so uptight about genres; why should anyone care if you think they're metal?

God damn that's the best I can explain it to get it through your thick skull.
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
Last edited by Gman400 at Aug 24, 2006,
Quote by nomadic_sinner

Dude if there were no genres, then no one would know how to recommend music. What if someone decided they likes awesome music, death grunts, dark lyrics, minor keys, etc. Well then b/c of genres I can say "hey! listen to death metal!!! maybe even black metal!!!" and life is good.
The specific genre tells you what to expect from the music that is recommended to you. There are classifications for a reason.
Quote by limpdogskip
Dude if there were no genres, then no one would know how to recommend music. What if someone decided they likes awesome music, death grunts, dark lyrics, minor keys, etc. Well then b/c of genres I can say "hey! listen to death metal!!! maybe even black metal!!!" and life is good.
The specific genre tells you what to expect from the music that is recommended to you. There are classifications for a reason.

ok, lol i agree with you more now, my bad, lol
That sticky really needs a bigger font.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Nelsean
That sticky really needs a bigger font.

or a selection process for noobs
why dont these people post a thrread in the hardcore forum asking this question. that way they can follow the rules AND get their worthless questions answered.
¤¤¤¤¤ ۩ ۝РЄŦĤ ۩ ¤¤¤¤¤
۩ ВŁĄÇĶŴĄŦЄŖ РĄŖĶ ۩

Quote by deadskinmask
I think you should listen to Bodom_Shredder7.

Quote by xolax
Listen to Bodom_Shredder, he knows what hes talking about

Quote by Alucard II
Bodom Shredder was right

SevenLastWordsOfChrist
i think there should be a metalcore forum, cuz personally I see just as much of a difference between metalcore and hardcore as I do metal and metalcore, that might solve some problems, b/c metalcore does have the world "metal" in it, so people that don't read the rules think "METAL FORUM!!!!"

Basically i was just wondering what doesnt make them "metal" enough to be mentioned in this forum, seriously though, It sounds pretty ****ing metal to me.

As I said in a previous post...

Becuase, this is the metal forum.

*Proceeds with gruesome, non-lubed anal sex*
Theyre just not metal, forget about it
Listening to me play the guitar, is the equivalent pleasure to 20 orgasms

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Member #20 of the Iron Maiden are Gods club, pm revelations to join
Sorry, but Lamb of Suck borrows trends from styles that appeal to MASS amounts of people. Metal isn't about appealing to the masses, it's strictly about the music.

We need a lock on this thread
ya a lock would be nice

lamb of god are metalcore, not metal, get over it
Listening to me play the guitar, is the equivalent pleasure to 20 orgasms

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Member #20 of the Iron Maiden are Gods club, pm revelations to join
Page 1 of 2