Poll: Who was/is the greatest ACDC singer?
Poll Options
View poll results: Who was/is the greatest ACDC singer?
Dave Evans
1 3%
Bon Scott
30 77%
Brian Johnson
8 21%
Voters: 39.
METALMANIACMIKE
Crazy Guitarist/Vocalist
133 IQ
I always have a heated debate with my friends on who was the greatest ACDC singer. A couple of my friends think Brian Johnson is the greatest, and I even have one friend who thinks Dave Evans was. I think Bon Scott was. Bon Scott was one of the greatest frontmen of all time. He had more of a presence on stage than most people could ever imagine. I want to know who you think was/is the greatest.
evh77
lets see some tittays
75 IQ
ive never even heard dave evans sing? i say bon scott tho, i like brian johnson but bon scott with acdc is the definition of rock n roll
2muchTV
UG's closet ABBA fan
367 IQ
Not sure. Both are great to me. I like a lot of Johnson's songs more, but I think I like listening to Scott more. That's always been a toughie. Probably Johnson cuz he's been around longer. But I'm sure most people will say Scott.
guitarshark2099
UG's Heineken Lover
233 IQ
I believe that as a rock n' roll frontman, bon scott is arguably one of the greatest ever. I agree with you on that point due to the sex appeal and the rockability he brought to the stage and how he got the people into the music along with angus young's wild antics.

But as far as a singing goes, bon scott's voice isn't all too well. It's like Mick jagger's and Jimi Hendrix's voices, they can rock, and they get people into the music but as far as pure singers I don't think so.
Quote by Mad Marius
Because there's no point in being on the Internet of you're not gonna act like an arrogant prick.
soldierw/wings
same sh!t different day
166 IQ
hate to lump in with the crowd, but im going with Bon Scott
he truely was the voice and poet for AC/DC - Brian Johnson was great too though (one of the few singers Bon actually approved of during his life)
evh77
lets see some tittays
75 IQ
Quote by ledhed68
they all sound the same to me

well you, my friend, need a new set of ears
rayIII
the whitey
1,912 IQ
Dave Evans = The Pete Best of hard rock
Bon Scott = Better singer
Brian Johnson = Better songs

btw their old bassist was named Mark Evans.... any relation?
ledhed68
1,305 IQ
originally posted by evh77
well you, my friend, need a new set of ears

well can you tell me then whats the difference between them
walkman800
10 IQ
personally Bon scott was the best and i mean come on "bon fire"?

johnson is good , i mean hey i grew up with him singing away with thunderstruck and mistress for christmas........

so good question..... laterz
yeah yeah yeah
teenrocker
Rock Forever On
151 IQ
Bon was the best. He had much better stage presence than Brian... not that I'm saying Brian is bad.
'Lovely' does NOT have guitar solos!

Monterey Stage Series Electric
Some bright orange Ashton acoustic
Line 6 Spider 2 112
Variax 300
evh77
lets see some tittays
75 IQ
Quote by ledhed68
well can you tell me then whats the difference between them

bon scott is a little higher pitched and somewhat clearer, brian johnson, its really hard to explain a voice, but i gess you could say its thicker.

like i said its hard to explain a voice with words, but their completely different
ufossuck
Delighfully twisted
1,186 IQ
Not much competition here. Bon was by far the best singer, songwriter and bagpiper. Dave Evans' career was pretty short lived, so not too many people ever heard him, but he was better than Brian Johnson.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
SGstriker
UG Addict
3,556 IQ
Bon Scott > Brian Johnson > Household mouse > Dave Evans

Bon Scott has a better voice, but I like Brian Johnsons songs better.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
rich_duran2
43 IQ
Bon Scott to me was THE siger for acdc. Brain was good on back and black and for those about to rock and then suddenly acdc was not the same. All of Bon Scott`s albums were classic`s. I also think Brians voice is always reaching for his last breath, hes got no voice. My opinion.
Danne55
16 IQ
Does Dave Evans sing acctually sing on any album or any recorded song???
Quote by bodyheatseeker
Pay heed to this man, because he speaks the truth.
METALMANIACMIKE
Crazy Guitarist/Vocalist
133 IQ
Quote by Danne55

He never sang on any album, but he origianlly sang Can I Sit Next to You Girl, Show Buisness, and I think Rocket Parlor. There are videos of him singing those songs with ACDC.
rayIII
the whitey
1,912 IQ
Quote by Danne55

No... I'm pretty sure there's a vid of him with them live somewhere... YouTube maybe?

EDIT: here's some Dave Evans (and his stereotypical voice everyone had in the 80's ) :

Can I Sit Next To You Girl (for some reason it's flagged as inappropriate so you need to log in..)

T.N.T. In Melbourne (in 2000!) (It's funny how they all try to look like AC/DC with the guitars and the bald drummer ... but the guy kinda almost pretending to be Angus is absolutely hilarious)

and this might be a little shocking to some... but it's Bon with his old band Fraternity (as well as a beard ) doing seasons of change... kinda funny: http://youtube.com/watch?v=HzqJe-SFhCc&mode=related&search=
Last edited by rayIII at Aug 25, 2006,
Ziggy193
SG Rocker
12 IQ
Quote by Danne55

There's a reeeeeaaaaalllllyyyyy early single of Dave Evans singing "Can I Sit Next To You Girl" and another song called "Rockin' In The Parlor". Both songs pretty much suck with his voice; he was really more glam rock than hard rock.

Oh, and by the way, my choice is Bon, but I think they're equal, really. Bon was a better singer, but both have their strengths.
"Let there be light...sound...drums...guitar...LET THERE BE ROCK!" - Let There Be Rock, AC/DC
ufossuck
Delighfully twisted
1,186 IQ
Now that youtube has come up... clicky!. I've heard this song befors, I'm sure we all have. It's actually quite famous, but that's Bon!? It put little labels over them and says Bon is doing the backup vocals, but I find it hard to believe that's him. I thought he played drums.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
METALMANIACMIKE
Crazy Guitarist/Vocalist
133 IQ
Quote by ufossuck
Now that youtube has come up... clicky!. I've heard this song befors, I'm sure we all have. It's actually quite famous, but that's Bon!? It put little labels over them and says Bon is doing the backup vocals, but I find it hard to believe that's him. I thought he played drums.

If you really look you can tell it is him backup singing.