Ok. Ive been amp hunting for a long time now. And as opposed to doing what ive been doing for the last little bit which is say "oh I tried out ___ what are your opinions" ill do this.

Im looking for a high gain, two speaker amp. I doesnt HAVE to be tube. Im just looking for killer distortion pretty much. I want the clean to be nice but it doesnt have to be the best. Doesnt have to have FX. Cant go over 600 canadian. Thanks
My Rig:

Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Es-335 Deluxe
Line 6 Flextone 3 XL
Norman B-50
1980 Fender Acoustic

your funny
My Rig:

Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Es-335 Deluxe
Line 6 Flextone 3 XL
Norman B-50
1980 Fender Acoustic

I'd shop for a used Marshall Tube combo. But, I'm partial to the Marshall sound. I have Randall head that has killer gain. They are reasonably priced. Might check them out.
haha...i dunno about prices since ive never looked twice at a high gain amp, but ive heard randalls are good
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

Just bought a Randall RH150 G3 last week based on stuff I read about Randall amps in this forum (and based on my ears... of course...) Tonnes of gain, and I'm really liking it so far.

Chris
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
hey whered u get the randall from? im in ontario (cambridge) and my local shops dont stock them, i wanna try one..
Randalls are sold at alot of places, I'm in Ontario too, and I have never walked into a store and not seen a Randall.
Gear:
Fender Standard Telecaster (Sunburst Finish)
Washburn X-Series Electric (Black Finish)
Ibanez Electric-Acoustic (Black Finish)
Ariana Acoustic

Randall RX120D Halfstack
roland cube-60.

i think its 2 speakers, and all rolands are meant for metal.(because every other style sounds crappy through them)

at least they're cheap.
Quote by scott5150
Man someone needs to make a vid of an armless and legless ethiopian watching a donut roll down the hill, and then he starts using his teeth to pull him towards the donut. That would just be good filmaking right there.
Go tube for sure...
Willing to go used?
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Quote by The Pit Dancer
roland cube-60.

i think its 2 speakers, and all rolands are meant for metal.(because every other style sounds crappy through them)

at least they're cheap.

nah it's a 1x12, but hey - it's not a bad amp. but i take it the threadstarter has a bigger budget.
Marty
yeah im willing to go used
My Rig:

Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Es-335 Deluxe
Line 6 Flextone 3 XL
Norman B-50
1980 Fender Acoustic

Heh.... I called Randall USA and asked about Canadian distributors, as there are none listed on their site. They didn't know either! (huh?!)

LA Music in Mississauga carries Randall, and you can buy online, but I can't imagine buying an amp that I haven't been able to try out. I got mine at Absolute Music in Hamilton, which I discovered totally by accident that they were a Randall dealer when I called them asking questions about the Peavey XXX, XXL, etc. series amps that they *don't* carry. They presented me with Randall as an alternate.

I tried Pongettis, Mountain Music, Long and McQuade, and some other place in Cambridge I can't recall at the moment. No Randall. Apparently there is an LA Music in Cambridge, so they might have 'em if the one in Mississauga does.

FWIW - I tried a Peavey XXX and a Supreme XL. The Supreme XL fed back even at low volumes on the ultimate gain channel even when my hands covered the strings.... both hands!! The XXX was measurably nicer, but not $700 nicer, save for the fact that it didn't feed back. I liked the Randall better than both of them, and it came in at half the price of an XXX. (my opinion only, of course)

Chris
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Peavey XXX for bright, Peavey 5150 for dark.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Ya, you could get a 5150 combo for about that much off ebay. That thing is a gain monster. XXX is another good one. You could probably get that for the same price off ebay. It all depends on the sound you want. 5150 is darker and will be better for like uberdeathbloodkillrape metal. XXX is said to be a lot brighter
peavey 210 studio chorus best clean amp eva, has some pretty kickin distortion too. probably not heavy enough for you but at least it gets loud.
Quote by scott5150
Man someone needs to make a vid of an armless and legless ethiopian watching a donut roll down the hill, and then he starts using his teeth to pull him towards the donut. That would just be good filmaking right there.
palamino has nice gain
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'
Circle jerk eh? Jeez look out Eddie Van Halen, The_Clap is making a Spankenstrat

Quote by zeppelinpage4
Yeah no foreplay needed with a Blues Jr. she'll warm herself up.
Quote by The Pit Dancer
roland cube-60.

at least they're cheap.

nah its a 1x12.

Ever heard of the Jazz Chorus?