really basic topic for this one. what guitars are good to use for playing metal?
if there was a single day i could live...
a single breath i could take...
id trade all the others away...
i'd use jackson or ibanez. i use an ibanez, also i'd say esp and schecter and washburn and dean
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
- Jimi Hendrix
Jackson, ESP, Schecter, Ibanez, B.C. Rich (Only one form the custom shop), Higher end Washburns, and many more that I don't know.
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
ESP's are good, so are Jacksons. Dean's are sick as hell, too! So many good guitars.
I guess I'll do my order as well:
ESP/LTD
Dean
Ibanez and Jackson are equal to me
Quote by Cone 21
Jackson, ESP, Schecter, Ibanez, B.C. Rich (Only one form the custom shop), Higher end Washburns, and many more that I don't know.

god damnit how the fuck can you forget about Caparison Guitars and yeh ESP are very much metal for sure
god damnit how the fuck can you forget about Caparison Guitars and yeh ESP are very much metal for sure

...dear god, what have I done?! *explodes*
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
Quote by Cone 21
...dear god, what have I done?! *explodes*

oh well looks like you cant get that Caparison now i guess its property of Phil
Quote by azn_guitarist25
oh well looks like you cant get that Caparison now i guess its property of Phil

If I still had an M-II I'd stab you with it! ****ing Chris Amott, how could the lead guitarist of Arch Enemy, the brother of the man who started Carcass, and the man who started Armageddon, stop playing metal? He had better not of had one of them, religious awakenings.

EDIT: just trying to make you jealous Phil! (names Alex btw)
Last edited by Cone 21 at Aug 25, 2006,
jackson dkmgt with actives. sexy.
i lost my virginity. can i have yours?

Member #18 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join

One nation, under a fictitious almighty power
jackson dkmgt with actives. sexy. and les pauls can get really good metal rythem tones.
i lost my virginity. can i have yours?

Member #18 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join

One nation, under a fictitious almighty power
Quote by Cone 21
If I still had an M-II I'd stab you with it! ****ing Chris Amott, how could the lead guitarist of Arch Enemy, the brother of the man who started Carcass, and the man who started Armageddon, stop playing metal? He had better not of had one of them, religious awakenings.

EDIT: just trying to make you jealous Phil! (names Alex btw)

why would i be jealous if i order a Caparison from Bmusic it wont take this long to get the guitar oh well how long left a week untill you get it Alex?
Quote by azn_guitarist25
why would i be jealous if i order a Caparison from Bmusic it wont take this long to get the guitar oh well how long left a week untill you get it Alex?

Maybe 1 or 2 weeks, all I know is that it is gonna kick ass and it comes in C-standard tuning (woot) for out of the box Chris Amott worship!
Quote by Cone 21
Maybe 1 or 2 weeks, all I know is that it is gonna kick ass and it comes in C-standard tuning (woot) for out of the box Chris Amott worship!

yeh the HGS guitars come like in Drop B or somewhere around the region of that and one of Mattias' sigs come in some C#sus4 tuning or something like that.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
yeh the HGS guitars come like in Drop B or somewhere around the region of that and one of Mattias' sigs come in some C#sus4 tuning or something like that.

Aren't the Horus HGS made of Walnut? I hear they are quite bright...

EDIT: Hmm, look at what I have found on EBAY http://cgi.ebay.com/Caparison-Dellinger-SE-Evergray-Soilwork-Arch-Enemy_W0QQitemZ260024355076QQihZ016QQcategoryZ33038QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting I have never seen that paintjob before on a Capairison.
Last edited by Cone 21 at Aug 25, 2006,
Quote by Cone 21
Aren't the Horus HGS made of Walnut? I hear they are quite bright...

yeh the Horus HGS is made out Walnut. besides that all the other Caparison's are like made out of Mahogany
dude its all about the SG's
Gibson SG (Cherry)
Gibson Double Neck SG (Cherry)

Musicman AMP

*Building my own guitar now*

whats a caparison where do they sell them and everything, i have never heard of them. More info please
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
I'll list some

Ibanez (better for shred though)
Jackson
Charvel
ESP/LTD
Schecter
Washburn
Dean
High end BC Rich
Gibson (LP SG V Explorer and Firebird)
Fender CAN be used

There are way more that i cant think of
I would look into the new gibsons.

There is always the sg standard which has been a well proven metal guitar but the new sg II is awsome all blacked out with active pups and there is a LP now blacked out with Active pups as well wish i had some money i want one
Quote by mw7
whats a caparison where do they sell them and everything, i have never heard of them. More info please

they are some of the greatest guitars on the planet, thats what they are. One of the reasons me and Phil are so mad about them is because the necks on them are amazing. The only place in the states you can play them is in New York at at shop called Guitar Asylum ( www.guitarasylum.com ). Some info on them are at http://www.kyowashokai.co.jp/caparison-eng/e-top.html
Quote by Cone 21
they are some of the greatest guitars on the planet, thats what they are. One of the reasons me and Phil are so mad about them is because the necks on them are amazing. The only place in the states you can play them is in New York at at shop called Guitar Asylum ( www.guitarasylum.com ). Some info on them are at http://www.kyowashokai.co.jp/caparison-eng/e-top.html

are they available in Canada? and why are they only available in one guitar shop inthe us?
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
Quote by mw7
are they available in Canada? and why are they only available in one guitar shop inthe us?

I think you can have them shipped to you, i don't know. The reason they are in one shop in the U.S. is because there are a very small amout of guys building the guitars and they ship out 30 a month (From what I read on BMusic)
daisy rock
Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
Quote by Cone 21
I think you can have them shipped to you, i don't know. The reason they are in one shop in the U.S. is because there are a very small amout of guys building the guitars and they ship out 30 a month (From what I read on BMusic)

yeh theres i think 10 luthiers and even if you order a custom guitar from them (Pete ordered about 4 i think, he even got maple fretboards) the top luthier wont even build them for you. and why they arent available to you canadians because frankly your too weird......only messing more likely because of the cost of shipping them to you would be rediculous and that not many shops around you are willing to set up a deal with Caparison or dont have any distributors so therefore its a bitch to find Caparisons in Canada unless you go on Ebay or buy directly from GuitarAsylum.

edit:
Quote by Cone 21

reminds me of the Natural Mahogany finish http://www.kyowashokai.co.jp/caparison-eng/e-discon/oldmodels.html oi Alex you getting a Caparison Tshirt cos i wanna get one but you gotta buy a specific model so yeh
Last edited by azn_guitarist25 at Aug 26, 2006,