I right now have an epiphone les paul with SD pearly gates and a crappy spider II but now a have bout 900 dallors should I get an sg or marshall JCM 800 combo
Get the amp....SG's really do suck...Your epiphone is alot better...Don't be fooled by the name on a headstock, gibsons are only expensive for the name gibson, they are all bark, no bite.
Upgrade your amp before your guitar, or at least that's a good general rule of thumb. Your epiphone, especially with the upgraded pickups, will sound MUCH better with the Marshall than a Gibson would sound through your Spider.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by AngryGuitarist
Get the amp....SG's really do suck...Your epiphone is alot better...Don't be fooled by the name on a headstock, gibsons are only expensive for the name gibson, they are all bark, no bite.

jump of a cliff, sg's do not suck, gibson do not suck. i own one and i love it. my sg sounds amazing along with my marshall. you should get the amp, your guitar is already deceant, you just need a good amp
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by AngryGuitarist
Get the amp....I really do suck...Your epiphone is alot better than me...Don't be fooled by my ignorance, you should get that amp and not listen to anything else i try to advise.

fixed it for you.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Get the amp first. The SG is brilliant (I know, I play one) but the Epiphone is a solid instrument too. The improvement from the not-so-good Spider II to a JCM 800 combo, however, is monumental. You're going to play one chord out of the Marshall and be like "how did I ever play out of that piece of crap Spider!?"
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
JCM 800, i was about to buy another guitar, but i realize i needed a new amp. so get the JCM!
FlickR
iBanez Rg550 20th Anniversary.
iBanez GRG170DX W/ Dimarzio Steve's Special
VTM 60 Tube Head
Carvin Legacy Vai Cabinet 4x12 Cabinet
Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive
ZW-44 Overdrive
Zakk Wylde Signiture Wah
I'm going to go against what every one is saying here and tell you to get the amp first.
I would get the amp. I saved up and got my RR3 and fixed some stuf with it and now I still don't have a good sound becasue I don't have that good of an amp. You will look cooler with a guitar but you won't sound as good. Right now I'm screwed, I saved for 8 months to get my RR3 and stuff and now I've got to save for like a year to get a better amp. Also you'll probably feel like hte guitar isn't that great since you don't have a great amp yet. So get the amp.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
id go for the amp.

and whoever said SG's sucks, sucks! Sgs sound awesome, they cut through a mix really great. Anyone who ever said any guitar sucks, (other than copies, and cheap budget guitars), is a biased and narrowminded, ignorant person.
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Hey FFFDFEFRFKFFF how is that rr3 im looking into buying one
Member of the Metal Militia. PM Gibson_10 or AngelOfSorrow to join
upgrade amp first, and sg's are great guitars so look into that after
"We could only wonder what he would have accomplished is his life hadn't ended so early"

----Randy Rhoads----
The amp would pair great with your guitar you have now, and will sound even better with a better guitar.
Good amp+ok guitar > Good guitar+crap amp.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30