hi ppl gots a quick question

I really love my ltd truckster (hence the name, its a rather good value), but i just cant get as high, as its a 22 fretter, and the neck scale is definitely scaled to chording and rhythm work, not so much for lead. So I'm in line for a 24 fret guitar scaled for lead with tremolo. I instantly though of the LTD KH-602, but i don't trust the whole emg 81 in the neck position, i'd rather a 60 or an 85. I also saw a fender showmaster HH QMT, which looks beutiful, but i can tell that it can get outta tune quickly with whammy use, and i'll use whammy alot!
so i guess i'll need a floyd rose trem.
I'm willing to spend up to $1k.
maybe an ibanez RG series? idk i definitely gotta try em out.
any suggestions?
its gotta have 24 frets, optional tremolo, and preferably either EMG's or seymour duncans.
any help'd be really really appreciated.
lol i was actually looking at this guitar before i posted this thread. How are those Ibanez pickups wylde_overdrive? I'm a bit skeptical about them...
I can't say I've personally heard them, but from what the people on this forum say, they could use a replacing.
Then get the JH-600, just about the same as the 602 but with an EMG 81/85 combo.
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
24 fret? Something shecter then. My c-1 plus is freaking awesome. I may recomend either c-1 plus, classic, or maybe a hellraiser.
dude i totally underestimated the jh 600. i didnt know it had an 85. and its origional f.r, perfect! thanks cone21! ill try the c-1 just in case. ty guys, and keep the suggestions comin. ty ty ty!
Jackson Dk2M
LTD James Hetfield Truckster
1969 Gibson Les Paul Custom

ZOOM Fire 36
Marhsall Valvestate VS100
Black Box modeling device

Digitech Whammy
Boss Metalzon
Boss SuperChorus
Boss DD3
DunlopCrybaby from Hell
The KH602 or maybe a JH600 would be fine.

If you really wanted you could change the neck pup, sell it used, and buy another used EMG for little to no money loss and replace it quick-connect style.

Btw, I love the Truckster. Very awesome guitar. Very comfortable.
haha
Last edited by MetalUpTheAss at Aug 25, 2006,
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
The KH602 or maybe a JH600 would be fine.

If you really wanted you could change the neck pup, sell it used, and buy another used EMG for little to no money loss and replace it quick-connect style.

Btw, I love the Truckster. Very awesome guitar. Very comfortable.

truw words, i totally agree. finally someone who really likes the truckster aside from me. my friends r jealous cuz they're all stuck with their **** brownsvilles lmao.
and i think i'd be good with the JH, cuz its origional floyd rose, as opposed to the licensed f.r on the KH. i cant wait to head over to my local sam ash to try the JH cuz i see it every time i walk in
Jackson Dk2M

ZOOM Fire 36

Digitech Whammy
Boss Metalzon
Boss SuperChorus
Boss DD3
DunlopCrybaby from Hell
Quote by Truckster_\m/
truw words, i totally agree. finally someone who really likes the truckster aside from me. my friends r jealous cuz they're all stuck with their **** brownsvilles lmao.
and i think i'd be good with the JH, cuz its origional floyd rose, as opposed to the licensed f.r on the KH. i cant wait to head over to my local sam ash to try the JH cuz i see it every time i walk in

...the KH has an OFR too, the only things that are different from the JH are the inlays, reversed headstock, fingerboard, neck pickup, and I think the binding.
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
Yeah, the KH602 is OFR + Alder body now, so they're pretty much the same in specs wise.
haha
i live by RG prestige series... very very very awesome guitars!
at least try one and see what you think.
Quote by graw81
i live by RG prestige series... very very very awesome guitars!
at least try one and see what you think.

TOo bad it's basswood.

I'd prefer maho anytime.
Quote by Invictious
TOo bad it's basswood.

I'd prefer maho anytime.

unless your stepping up into the higher end of RG Prestige then yes its mostly basswood.

and Invictious have you looked at the RGA321F and RGA121 theyre both mahogany with a maple top
thanks so far for these recommendations. later on i'm heading over to sam ash an trryin out all the RGs i can find lol. im checking out the schecters and ltds as well. i want a solid solid guitar this puirchase around (This'll be my 6th guitar), and i want it to be a good one (much like my truckster or LP). so yea i cant wait to try those babies out
Jackson Dk2M

ZOOM Fire 36

Digitech Whammy
Boss Metalzon
Boss SuperChorus
Boss DD3
DunlopCrybaby from Hell
yeh with the RG's you try make sure they have Prestige written on their headstock as well so that you wont be buying a guitar with a crap trem
^^ My Radius doesn't have Prestige written on the headstock...
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Quote by J.MitMetallica

He said with RG's you have to make sure.
washburn X40 by washburn.
http://www.washburn.com/products/electrics/x/x40.aspx

* Alder body
* Black hardware
* Bolt on maple neck
* Rosewood fingerboard
* Nut width: 43mm
* Gloss finish
* 5-way switch
* Schaller Floyd Rose® Bridge
* Seymour Duncan® '59 reissue pickup in neck
* Seymour Duncan® Distortion pickup in bridge
* Exclusive Grover® 18:1 gear ratio tuners
* Buzz Feiten Tuning System?

had one, it was awesome.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Quote by J.MitMetallica

IIRC, Radius predates the prestige series.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
yeh with the RG's you try make sure they have Prestige written on their headstock as well so that you wont be buying a guitar with a crap trem

Good advice if your buying brand new but if your going used you just have to make sure the number is higher than 500 for a good trem (probably better than the edge pro imo) and these dont have prestige on the headstock
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
Quote by Truckster_\m/
hi ppl gots a quick question

I really love my ltd truckster (hence the name, its a rather good value), but i just cant get as high, as its a 22 fretter, and the neck scale is definitely scaled to chording and rhythm work, not so much for lead. So I'm in line for a 24 fret guitar scaled for lead with tremolo. I instantly though of the LTD KH-602, but i don't trust the whole emg 81 in the neck position, i'd rather a 60 or an 85. I also saw a fender showmaster HH QMT, which looks beutiful, but i can tell that it can get outta tune quickly with whammy use, and i'll use whammy alot!
so i guess i'll need a floyd rose trem.
I'm willing to spend up to $1k.
maybe an ibanez RG series? idk i definitely gotta try em out.
any suggestions?
its gotta have 24 frets, optional tremolo, and preferably either EMG's or seymour duncans.
any help'd be really really appreciated.

Of course you can trust an EMG 81 in the neck pos. I have a 81 in my ESP both neck and bridge and it sounds just fine. But I know what you mean, the EMG 60 is way nicer in neck, but you can get that changed pretty cheap if you do it when you buy the guitar which is a quite good guitar with a good FR.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
Try the Schecter Hell Raiser FR.
Quote by DoTheEvolution
It's worse pissing when you come in from the really cold weather and your penis has shrunken to the size of a coffee stir straw and the piss feels like the blast from a super soaker.