Im looking into them and I was wondering if anyone has any info on them?
Frusciante owns one, but does anyone know how dependable they are, or how much they are approximately? The one im looking at is pre-cbs i think from 1963.

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about them because the only threads on them is asking if Frusciante uses one.

any help would be appreciated.

just any information will be helpful.
Quote by Kneusje
^ He's right!

Quote by Flea of RHCP
I LOVE, I LOVE, I LOVE... KILLER WHALES! AND I LOVE MANGOS! AND IGGY POP TOO! I LOVE IGGY POP! AND EVEN GETTING UP EARLY IN THE MORNING, AND SWIMMING! AND TAKING A GOOOOOD SH*T! AND I LOVE ALL OF YOU TOO!

I've been looking into them a little bit too. I looked on Harmony Central, and all of the reviews are extremely good. I really haven't found too much info, and when I asked about it at the music shop the guy didn't really have too much of an opinion on them.

On ebay, you can get them for like $300-$600.
They're good amps for sure. A Silverface Showman can be had for 350, and a Blackface will cost you probably around 600. In general after CBS acqured Fender the engineers tried to make the amps as clean and loud as possible. So the pre-CBS ones in general will break up earlier.

These are very nice amps...very loud, robust, workhorse amps. Fantastic cleans. I've got a '68 Bassman...it's one of the Silverfaces that is cleaner than the others. Some amp "gurus" consider them too clean and ruined by CBS, but I disagree. My Bassman has really great cleans, wonderful dynamics, and a smooth overdrive. I love it. Take everything "experts" say with a grain of salt...so many people blindly avoid Silverface amps just because of what the experts say. Truth is, for 350 bucks(in the case of my Bassman), you get a hell of an amp, still sounds fantastic.

These amps are great quality. The wiring inside is handwired, very strong big components and solder joints, built like a rock.
I could drop this off my roof, and I'd bet that it would be almost fine.

Watch out though...you won't have a master volume, so you'll start getting dirty at 40 watts output or so. VERY loud.

The 2x15 cabs are great too. Huge, rather impractical to lug around, but awesome tone.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.