play around with your amp youll find something similar
marshall. that's about it. go to guitargeek.com to find out what they use.
the lesser known of the 4
I have a book that says, let me go get it and find out
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
According to my book, Angus uses a Gibson '61 Reissue SG Electric guitar through a Marshall JTM 45 head.....When playing live, he uses Four Marshall 1959 SLP Plexi heads driving 8 Marshall 4 x 12 speaker cabs wit 25watt Celestion Greenback Speakers.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie

Quote by WCPhils
Quote by SGstriker
According to my book, Angus uses a Gibson '61 Reissue SG Electric guitar through a Marshall JTM 45 head.....When playing live, he uses Four Marshall 1959 SLP Plexi heads driving 8 Marshall 4 x 12 speaker cabs wit 25watt Celestion Greenback Speakers.

What book is that? I'd be interested in reading it.
It isnt an AC/DC book. It is called Electric Guitar Handbook by Alan Radcliffe. I got that info out of the back where it has the history of the 35 most influetiall guitarists.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie

Quote by WCPhils
no problem
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie

Quote by WCPhils
Quote by SGstriker

i suppose you won't be buying that (if you do you're either nuts or very lucky...), so try bridge humbucker, distortion, not much bass, and lots of mid and treble. i think that should give the classic AC/DC sound...
Quote by 666_Belial
i suppose you won't be buying that (if you do you're either nuts or very lucky...), so try bridge humbucker, distortion, not much bass, and lots of mid and treble. i think that should give the classic AC/DC sound...

Yeah, although Angus told GW that he doesnt use much distortion, so make sure your gain is at the right place, im guessing like 5 or 6 but I am not sure
Fighting for peace, is like screwing for virginity

Screw you Waldo, go find yourself!!!!
Quote by tamargoguitar
Yeah, although Angus told GW that he doesnt use much distortion, so make sure your gain is at the right place, im guessing like 5 or 6 but I am not sure

^^right, i forgot to mention that...
Quote by SGstriker

Yeah, that's a little out of all of our price ranges
My gear:

MIJ Squier Stratocaster

Washburn WR150 Quilted Top

Oscar Schmidt Semi-hollow Delta King

Epiphone Hummingbird

Amps: Fender Eighty-Five
Quote by tamargoguitar

don't forget to have some reverb as well!!
Quote by Muphin
Jupiter is a fat bitch. We should nuke it.

jersey girls arent trash ...trash gets picked up
staten island doesnt really exist its just a reflection of the fumes from jersey on the water caused by the movement of the sun
Any good tube amp would do quite nicely

A marshall would be ideal obviously. It always is.

But ya his distortion is created by overdriving the tubes they then begin to break up and make i nice crunch sound

Crank any tube marshall or laney or orange somthin like that and many more to ten put a small amount of gain with is and some classic humbuckers or even a p90 and it will sound pretty good.