Well I was on fender's website and they had "new and improved highway ones" and I decided to look to see as I wanted to research jazz basses anyways, well, here they are http://www.fender.com/highwayone/ and to me they do seem to be much better.

If you go to musiciansfriend and type in highway one you'll see there's two of each model, the old ones and the new ones-BadassII bridges, greasebucket tone circuits (can anyone explain this?), cool 70's headstocks, the middle pickups on strats are now reverse wound, they seem pretty damn cool, opinions?
some of the colours are good, but i hate the black.
Quote by Half_Full
[IMG]http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5971/uselessko5.gif[/IMG]

My Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard plus -honeyburst with Duncan Jb/59
-Crate gt65
-Boss ME-50
Future gear:
-Vox AC30 cc2
well its not that cool, cause they improved the MIM in better ways if u ask me.

not everyone like jumbo frets, the hwy1 finish is weak and the pickups should have been better all along.

i guess overall not a bad guitar but they could have done more.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
yeah on the p-bass. what model are u asking about here?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

I have the non upgraded version and it preety much kicks ass so im gonna assume
the upgrade one kicks even more ass

I have the one with the atomic humbucker btw
Badass IIs are for the basses, the precisions and the jazzes come with them stock, they're basically huge tone upgraders for fenders, but I'm curious as to what the greasebucket thing is about.
Quote by wylde_overdrive
Um, what the hell is a BadassII bridge?

it's a badass II bridge. like said, for basses. that's why i got so confused. i thought he was talking about the electric hw1, then the bass. and now im not sure.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by musiclover2399
Badass IIs are for the basses, the precisions and the jazzes come with them stock, they're basically huge tone upgraders for fenders, but I'm curious as to what the greasebucket thing is about.

I think the greasebucket thing is the tone control that you can roll off without killing treble. I'm probably wrong tho.
Quote by El Codyo
I think the greasebucket thing is the tone control that you can roll off without killing treble. I'm probably wrong tho.

rolls of treble without adding bass. you were close. kinda.

Quote by jj1565

not everyone like jumbo frets, the hwy1 finish is weak and the pickups should have been better all along.

its a frikkin nitro finish... its as good as they come. better paint than the Americans...
Quote by El Codyo

The greasebucket tone control rolls off highs without adding lows.

Darn, beaten to it.
Last edited by wylde_overdrive at Aug 25, 2006,
Quote by VAisforlosers01

its a frikkin nitro finish... its as good as they come. better paint than the Americans...

my bad i was commenting on the current finish. didnt see the upgrade.
well i guess thats a much needed improvement there.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Anyone know what the body's are routed like? Cuz I'm looking for a solid strat style guitar, to upgrade to an HH. As stupid as I may feel, I'm thinking of customizing my strat to be like Rivers'. I want a high gain strat model, with something a bit more fun.
I listen to music and I don't need your opinions about what I listen to.
under the features section. highways list HSH routing.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by socialtool
Anyone know what the body's are routed like? Cuz I'm looking for a solid strat style guitar, to upgrade to an HH. As stupid as I may feel, I'm thinking of customizing my strat to be like Rivers'. I want a high gain strat model, with something a bit more fun.

apparently all new Fender are routed H S H...
yes, the nitro lacquer finish is MUCH better.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
my bad i was commenting on the current finish. didnt see the upgrade.
well i guess thats a much needed improvement there.

I thought they always had a thin nitro finish.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
they changed it tho. they had a thin skin. and it was really a worn, look, that didnt hold up well at all.
they must have gotten enough complaints so they reworked the new finish. it's supposed to be better, like ones u see on some of the MIA reissues.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by R_H_C_P
I thought they always had a thin nitro finish.

That's what I just said, I'll kill you, grrr!

Hmmm, so they thickened it up, huh? Maybe a good thing. I guess it'd crack fairly quickly otherwise. But it all depends on how well it's applied. A sloppily applied thicker layer will crack just from curing.
Quote by jj1565

Wait, how did they improve the MIMs?
the 06' mex made standards got a better trem block, larger frets, and enhanced colors, better shielding.

pretty much the same price as before. that's the best part.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

i thought they said that they made the nitro thinner. i think thats what they said on the video.
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

Then that must've been it. Anyways, they improved the finish, that's for sure. Depending on the technique, thin and thick can be either good or bad.