So why is it lately that everyone seems to be on the Schecter bandwagon? Dont get me wrong I like mine (C-1 Classic) but I have so many other guitars that are better than this one and for the price i feel like I could have bought something a lot better. Maybe as a starter guitar i can see that the Omen would be a better choice than a B.C. Rich but when it comes to higher end models i think that the likes of Framus, Ibanez, Jackson, Carvin, etc.. would be a better choice. I really think the only thing driving the sales of Schecters is A7X's sloppy over-rated playing and all the kids who immediately think that just b/c they own the same brand guitar will automatically be as great. Ok I'm starting to rant now. So to get to my point

Does anyone else (that's not a schecter fanboy) feel that they could have or can get a better HIGH END guitar for the money? If so explain your reasoning and if not lets hear why the schecter you own is the best in its range. *note if you spent less than $500 on your guitar you input is not really needed but will still be greatly appreciated if you have had experience with the higher end guitars.
Quote by a6l6e6x1
hahaha "sexism the ultimate humour" a6l6e6x, 2008

My gear:
Kramer Custom Made from 1986
Framus Manhattan
Phaiga Hybrid H1
Ibanez RGT220A
Ibanez RG305DX
Framus Dragon Top
Custom Cab with 6 Celestion G12H Speakers
I actually hate A7X,, and love my schecter,

but I love my shecter because its beautiful and plays nice, and for 600 bucks it was the nicest guitar I could find. I don't like the pickups, but thats about 2 paychecks I don't have to buy new nice ones.

Mine, by the way, is the CSH-1, the pretty red hollow one with split coils
I play a C-1 Classic and granted, it's really nice and I love it... but sometimes I wish I had a rg1570, I think that guitar would have suited me more.
Quote by FenderJTx
I play a C-1 Classic and granted, it's really nice and I love it... but sometimes I wish I had a rg1570, I think that guitar would have suited me more.

i feel the same way
Quote by a6l6e6x1

My gear:
Framus Manhattan
Phaiga Hybrid H1
Ibanez RGT220A
Ibanez RG305DX
Framus Dragon Top
I hate Schecters

I don't think they are bad guitars just that neck feels like crap to me, I love my RG 1570
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Ibanez RG1570 and ESP LTD MH-400. Used or with about 50-100 bucks more brand spanking new again though it's all preference.
I think unless you have an issue with the materials or craftsmanship, its just a matter of opinion. And I dislike avenged sevenfold very much, it doesn't effect my opinion on schecters. Ibanez have that guy from Slipknot endorsed, does that mean anyone that likes Ibanez is jumping a bandwagon?
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Or Ibanez or Jackson or even Fender....it's all what you want out of a guitar where "what brand to get" things come into play.
Quote by Vornik
I think unless you have an issue with the materials or craftsmanship, its just a matter of opinion. And I dislike avenged sevenfold very much, it doesn't effect my opinion on schecters. Ibanez have that guy from Slipknot endorsed, does that mean anyone that likes Ibanez is jumping a bandwagon?

First IMO I think that Schecters are way over rated and not worth what you pay for them. Good guitars but not for the price. Second I didnt say that everyone who plays a Schecter likes A7X. i simply made the remark that the only likely reason that Schecter has had a rapid sales increase is due to A7X. Also you dont have thousands upon thousands of teens buying ibanez guitars just b/c the guy from slipknot plays them. In fact to my best guess about 90% of people still relate him to B.C. Rich b/c thats what he played for the longest time and im sure that helped their sales immensly due to the fact that anyone whos just learning to play guitar is going to pay for the coolest looking piece of **** that their favorite guitar players play. IMO it seems that Schecter is going to go out just like B.C. Rich did i.e. Making kick ass guitars at first and then eventually lowering standards to mass produce ****ty guitars for beginners b/c thats what sells.
Quote by a6l6e6x1

My gear:
Framus Manhattan
Phaiga Hybrid H1
Ibanez RGT220A
Ibanez RG305DX
Framus Dragon Top
well i have been looking for a guitar and the specs of some schecters fit my need so yeah and from what I heard a while back it was way worth it for a schecter everything on it was def worth it i guess now its not
VOX AD50 VT+crappy "Fender" from COSTCO!=ok tone!
I need a new guitar
Quote by ryknow157
First IMO I think that Schecters are way over rated and not worth what you pay for them. Good guitars but not for the price. Second I didnt say that everyone who plays a Schecter likes A7X. i simply made the remark that the only likely reason that Schecter has had a rapid sales increase is due to A7X. Also you dont have thousands upon thousands of teens buying ibanez guitars just b/c the guy from slipknot plays them. In fact to my best guess about 90% of people still relate him to B.C. Rich b/c thats what he played for the longest time and im sure that helped their sales immensly due to the fact that anyone whos just learning to play guitar is going to pay for the coolest looking piece of **** that their favorite guitar players play. IMO it seems that Schecter is going to go out just like B.C. Rich did i.e. Making kick ass guitars at first and then eventually lowering standards to mass produce ****ty guitars for beginners b/c thats what sells.

They are a very decent guitar for the money IMO. I'm very happy with my older model C-1 FR and my C-7 Hellraiser. Both have great craftsmenship, and they play better than a lot of more expensive models. My friend sold his ESP/LTD MH-607B after he played my C-7 for a weekend, it was just a better playing guitar in his opinion, and mine, although I didn't say that to him. You don't think thousands of teens in the 80's and 90's bought Ibanez because of satch, Vai, Gilbert, etc.??? Every maker has their low end models for beginners, that's not just Schecter. I love my Ibanez guitars too, I have several, yet I don't find anything at all wrong with my Schecters either.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
imo, if you can get a set neck c-1 for 600 new, with decent pups, and it looks bad ass, go for it. i personally like my gibby ;-) but if i didnt have a grand at the time i woulda gone with a schecter.
i lost my virginity. can i have yours?

Member #18 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join

One nation, under a fictitious almighty power
for what its worth i have a schecter s1 blackjack, and for all the crap the sg seems to take at this site- it feels and plays much better than the schecter, granted the stock pickups in the sg were crud, but i changed em, but the neck is nigh unplayable on the s1.
IMO schecter = pointless
You can get a better ibanez for a way better price, and if the schecter stock pick-ups arent good but you're paying out loads thats stupid cos you'll be pying out loads for the new pick-ups as well, ibanez, cheap, good, bad stock pick-ups, but that i can understand
i love my sschecter, and yes i have higher end guitars, so i know what good tone is, and i find that with a pickup swap they're just as god as most high end guitars, and i really have better thigns to spend 1-3,000 dollars on when i can get a guitar that with maybe 150 dollars in upgrades can be just as good as them, oh well, just my opinion
I think washburns are better, and selected Ibanez models, and Lags. That's preference though. But it's true. Some brands can do no wrong on here. I'm just waiting for the backlash...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?