ne1 here know where i can find a 29 fret guitar
Member #8 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join
ne1 here know what the point of a 29 fret guitar is?

Im pretty sure asomodai(think thats how you spell it) owns one
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
cuz its cool and having that many fretsa wouldf be ill
Member #8 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join
Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
can you even play those frets? my finger tips barely fit the higer frets on my 22 fret guitar.

imagine the 36th fret, you have to play it with needdles
I would never, ever, ever sacrifice my neck pu for a couple of frets I couldnt even play
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
you can get 27 Frets Guitar by Caparison look at the Horus models and also the Applehorn models since they both have 27 frets
Why don't you buy a short scale(like a kids size) guitar put some regular sized strings(IDK 10s 11s...) on it and tune it higher. That seems more practical to me. 29 frets seems ridiculous.

Then again, I suppose you could just take up Ukelele.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Last edited by snipelfritz at Aug 25, 2006,
Agree with Caparison. Great guitars.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
i just bought a hamer californian with 27 frets off ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/hamer-califorian-strat-with-dimebag-duncan-pickup_W0QQitemZ280018929543QQihZ018QQcategoryZ38073QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem,

but Hamer also makes a 36 fret:Virtuoso (1987 - 1991) - Small contoured double cutaway body with a glued-in 36-fret neck (26.25 inch scale length) with maple fingerboard, six-on-a-side reversed peghead and a scalloped neck/body joint. Fitted with a single Seymour Duncan "Hot Rails" pickup and either Floyd Rose or Kahler trem

for pictures:http://uk.geocities.com/largeat/virtuo.html

i know Mike Angelo Batio has a 29 fret (titanium?) guitar he used in his Speed Kills video, but i can't see the headstock good enough to see who made it
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone pedal
"Member of The Straight Edge Club. PM danzig-_- to join."
Someone REALLY wants to...meedley meedLEY MEEDLEY!!
Seriously, I'm in the band.
Thats retarded, your fingers would be way too big to use those frets with any sort of practical use.
yeah dude, id just learn how to play mandolin or something.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Takamine G340SC
Epiphone G 310
doesnt Michael Angelo Batio play a 30 fret ESP?
YES I'M THE GUY WHO GOT HIS PENIS STUCK IN HIS ZIPPER!!

Member #17 of "I Survived UG Pwned Day" Club

Member #59 of the Alter Bridge Rocks Club

Member #3 of the Boston Red Sox Fan Club

Member #2 of the "4chan.org Sucks Balls" Club
you know you could always try a digtech whammy pedal for solos, and shift your pitch as needed, you could raise the pitch of your guitar as far as 2 octaves up if you wanted,

Take jack white, if he didn't have the whammy pedal on the black math solo, he would need a 29 fret guitar,

oh and no, Michael angelo uses a 22 fret twin neck V shaped dean,
Last edited by Spade1 at Aug 25, 2006,
The frets above 24 would be used mostly for tapping.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
whats the point of more frets??? Just get a bass lol. Or damn, many people here barely use the bottom frets or some ppl like my friend has a 24 fret guitar but only uses 22 and his other guitar has 22 frets and he uses that one more....., lol and out of all the people u had to get 4000 frets. lol i guess its just personal preference, but you will not beat rusty cooley in nonsense shredding. lol
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
ya ive seen a few version but in 1 of in (80's i think) he used a 29 fret metal guitar with 2 randalls, they said he was the guitarist to Nitro so its an old 1
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone pedal
"Member of The Straight Edge Club. PM danzig-_- to join."