i'm trying to make a list, can anyone help me, i know that strats and teles are good for blues, the fender jaguar is good for surf, the les paul is good for classic rock
so, as far as my knowledge goes

CLASSIC ROCK
gibson les paul
gibson sg
fender stratocaster

BLUES
fender ttelecaster
fender stratocaster
gibson les paul

SURF
fender jaguar

PUNK
fender stratocaster
fender telecaster
gibson les paul custom
mosrite(jonny ramone)

METAL
ESP Eclipse w/emgs
ESP Horizons (the whole ****load of them theres about 20 or so i think)
ESP M-II/M-III w/emgs
Caparison Horus
Caparison Dellinger SE
Caparison Dellinger
Caparison Dellinger I/II
Caparison Applehorn (whole lot about 4 or so)

INDIE
fender telecaster

thanks to azn guitarist25, musiclover2399, kshelt76, cadd99
Last edited by deluxity at Aug 26, 2006,
For Emo, you typically get the most pleasant sound from invisible, stringless guitars.
tons of classic rock bands used strats, and u missed gibson sgs and tons of other guitars. ibanez is good for shred
Quote by Mongoose87
For Emo, you typically get the most pleasant sound from invisible, stringless guitars.

yeah, those guitars are awesome
Quote by evh77
tons of classic rock bands used strats, and u missed gibson sgs and tons of other guitars. ibanez is good for shred

i'm just beggining mate
Ah!!!!!!

It doesn't matter pick a guitar you think feels good and then pick an amp that you think sounds good and fits the genre you play in. Pick some pedals you think sound nifty, maybe get a pickup swap and BOOM your rig is complete
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
well, wich of all models of ibanez,esp and jackson are good for metal (models please, not just brands)
Quote by CodySG
Ah!!!!!!

It doesn't matter pick a guitar you think feels good and then pick an amp that you think sounds good and fits the genre you play in. Pick some pedals you think sound nifty, maybe get a pickup swap and BOOM your rig is complete

hes not like trying to buy a guitar or get a sound, just trying to make a list. im guessing for fun since its pretty much pointless to do haha
Quote by evh77
hes not like trying to buy a guitar or get a sound, just trying to make a list. im guessing for fun since its pretty much pointless to do haha

exactly
I know, and it's pretty much pointless to do. Any guitar can do anything with the right gear and the right player, though humbuckers are known for the more heavier sounding stuff.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Quote by CodySG
I know, and it's pretty much pointless to do. Any guitar can do anything with the right gear and the right player, though humbuckers are known for the more heavier sounding stuff.

if its pointless dont help haha

i give up here cya
Metal-
ESP Eclipse w/emgs
ESP Horizons (the whole ****load of them theres about 20 or so i think)
ESP M-II/M-III w/emgs
Caparison Horus
Caparison Dellinger SE
Caparison Dellinger
Caparison Dellinger I/II
Caparison Applehorn (whole lot about 4 or so)
Les Pauls are very common in blues as well, just as common as fenders, depending on the sound that you want.
Stevie Y of the GO WINGS club. PM me with a title to join.

The following statement is false. The preceding statement is true.

Member #20 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
Quote by Carpmuncher
The Fender Stratocaster is good for pretty much everything, not just blues.

!

Some of the best blues sounds are from Strats, listen to SRV and tell me Strats aint good for blues!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
ummm hollowbodys look at Ibanez artcore range, Gretsch well yeh pretty self explanatory and Gibson have some as well. just look at well known Jazz artist and see what they used
Schecter- Hard Rock
Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM Greendayguitar, gdm09 or blues_rocker to join.

-Gibson LP Classic
-Fender American Standard Strat
-Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
-Peavey XXX w/Marshall Cab
What ****ing retard told you the les paul was anything but phenomonal for metal???!!!
Well, just to be like everyone else, here's my rig:

Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Washburn J28SDL

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
Quote by Gabel
!

Some of the best blues sounds are from Strats, listen to SRV and tell me Strats aint good for blues!

I think he meant that the strat isn't a blues exclusive guitar, ie, good for other genres also.

Jackson Rhoads V, Jackson Kelly, Jackson King V, and Jackson soloiest are great for metal and hard rock
ESP and Jackson Fanboy
Last edited by UnDead_Knight1 at Aug 28, 2006,