hey all,

i just got a brand new (from the factory) electric guitar... i tuned it up last night and played it for about 5 hours. when i played it today it sounded out of tune so i checked it out and all of the strings had to be tightened again... is this normal for a new electric guitar because the strings are stretching out a bit and getting worn in, or is there something wrong with my electric guitar?

thanks in advance!
cool deal, thanks for the quick responses guys.

i was just worried because it's my first guitar so i was very unsure of that. but now that i know it's normal i'm gonna get back to playing.

thanks again. UG rocks!
You're guitar will probably need to be tuned every single time you pick it up. Nothings wrong with it or the strings
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
Quote by rockxwl
You're guitar will probably need to be tuned every single time you pick it up. Nothings wrong with it or the strings

if you tune it up and set it up perfectly you should be able to play it anytime without it being out of tune
Quote by azn_guitarist25
if you tune it up and set it up perfectly you should be able to play it anytime without it being out of tune

OK, you go play your guitar for 30 minutes, put it back in its case, and pick it up again a week later and tell me your strings are still perfectly in tune. If you can, then what guitar do you use because I want one!
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
Mexi Fat Strat
Epi G-310
ESP Eclipse (locking tuners)
ESP SV Standard
Caparison Horus
Caparison Dellinger SE