Umm.

Jacks Mannequin?

Hey, none of those bands are really all that pop-punky anyways...
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
Bloody MySpace is down... Grrr...
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
u should check out a band named "hit the lights"
a few songs i like are:
until we get caught
all or nothing
Quote by Shea Donoghue

Then, about two minutes later of just plowing, I can feel it coming. She's still moaning and rolling back, and then I pull out. I grab her by her hair, pull her head up, and yell out:
"BOOM, HEADSHOT!"
The Bouncing Souls, The Vandals and Agent Orange (I'm not sure if AO counts or not but listen to them anyway).
Minister of n00b harassing of the Punk and Ska fourm.
Quote by capsfan17, ss311, newyorkdolls138, somepunkkid, johnnynemo, axeslash, BrianApocalypse, mike2, dookie dude, lavazza and pinheadslts75
Thank God for CowsWithGuns

Quote by MattTheArsonist
Cowswithguns is my forum hero.

Quote by UraniYum
Cowswithguns is some kind of god on earth.

Love is never having to say your safeword.
Quote by punkxisxforever
recommend some good poppunk bands

check out Robot Eyes if you like saves the day, cartel, brand new or jimmy eat world!!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/roboteyes

Is this your band, by any chance?

Check out TheRiverclub. They're really good. Honestly.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Most of these bands a "popular". I thought this was going to be undiscovered bands...
Experience is something you don?t have, until just after you need it.
damone
My guitar build

My gear:
Blackheart Little Giant Combo
Epiphone Les Paul with Rio Grande TX/BBQ pickup set
Little Big Muff
Blues Driver
Quote by CowsWithGuns
The Bouncing Souls, The Vandals and Agent Orange (I'm not sure if AO counts or not but listen to them anyway).

Agent Orange are from like '79...

Check out Rid of Me, really good local pop-rock band (it would be called pop-punk here).
Mexican Cheerleader, they've got a sound quite like Millencolin in places.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
If you listen to pop punk then you should at least listen to a few of the following: Green Day, Blink 182, Fall Out Boy, All American Rejects, Yellowcard, Motion City soundtrack, Good Charlotte, My Chemical Romance, Angels and Airwaves and bowling for soup.
Sum 41(i cant believe this wasnt said yet), Boxcar Racer, MXPX, NOFX, The Offspring, Alkaline Trio, All American Rejects, and pretty much all the bands that were mentioned before me.
To both of the people above:

NEW BANDS

And to Stephbob: where abouts in Kent are you from?
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
I'm from Kent too (I think I've mentioned this before..)

Also, on topic, I wasn't aware that there were so many new pop-punk bands..
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Quote by the_astronaut
I'm from Kent too (I think I've mentioned this before..)

Also, on topic, I wasn't aware that there were so many new pop-punk bands..

You can't just say something like that and then not tell me exactly where you're from!

Tellll meeeeeeeeee!

*cough*

...I wan't to find you and make passionate love to you

*cough*

Also on topic: there was a previous thread on Good UK Pop-punk Bands, and I posted about 5 GOOD bands on there, but no-one bothered checking them out... Boo!
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Lillingtons, Teenage Bottlerocket, Screeching Weasel, Riverdales, The Ergs!, Ramones, Queers, NoFX, Lawrence Arms, Lagwagon, Jawbreaker, The Bluffingtons, The Ataris.

most of these are good REAL pop-punk bands. none of these bands are really "new" but they may be new to you and are worth checking out.
Quote by Yakult

You can't just say something like that and then not tell me exactly where you're from!

Tellll meeeeeeeeee!

*cough*

...I wan't to find you and make passionate love to you

*cough*

Also on topic: there was a previous thread on Good UK Pop-punk Bands, and I posted about 5 GOOD bands on there, but no-one bothered checking them out... Boo!

Ramsgate

It's near Margate..Come find me

Where the heck is Tenterden?

Quote by ETHANEVIL

What's wrong with PMs?
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
I want the whole forum to witness me being stalked...

Also, we want to discuss new pop-punk bands while we're doing it..

Quote by ETHANEVIL

chek otu rory on www.myspacec.ocm, thye're good.

so are catrtel, anberlin, starting line, and otehrs. those are the best of the pop punk genre.
can't forget northstar.
Quote by the_astronaut
Ramsgate

It's near Margate..Come find me

Where the heck is Tenterden?

Haha, awesome! I've played the Lido in Margate, and we've played somewhere in Ramsgate too Funland ftw!

Tenterdens near Ashford, which is kind of near Canterbury... We're practically next door neighbours

Anyway.. New bands...

*deep breath*

TheRiverclub - Synth, melodic pop-rock
Chaser - Dancey, melodic pop-rock
Fastlane Awesome pop-punk

Please, for the love of God, check them out... They are really good, and no-one ever listens to my recommendations

</emo>
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by Yakult

Haha, awesome! I've played the Lido in Margate, and we've played somewhere in Ramsgate too Funland ftw!

Tenterdens near Ashford, which is kind of near Canterbury... We're practically next door neighbours

Anyway.. New bands...

*deep breath*

TheRiverclub - Synth, melodic pop-rock
Chaser - Dancey, melodic pop-rock
Fastlane Awesome pop-punk

Please, for the love of God, check them out... They are really good, and no-one ever listens to my recommendations

</emo>

No wayyyysssssssss, I go to the Lido basically every week! Some really good bands play there. And Funland is great haha, no way, small world

I will check out those bands, as well as your own, seeing as we're basically neighbours

EDIT: I see from your band's website that you know Shibby? No wayyyss, I played a gig with them not so long ago with my old band, this is tooooo weird.

Quote by ETHANEVIL

Last edited by the_astronaut at Aug 28, 2006,
Quote by the_astronaut
No wayyyysssssssss, I go to the Lido basically every week! Some really good bands play there. And Funland is great haha, no way, small world

I will check out those bands, as well as your own, seeing as we're basically neighbours

EDIT: I see from your band's website that you know Shibby? No wayyyss, I played a gig with them not so long ago with my old band, this is tooooo weird.

Oh god, you know Shibby?! HAHA! We've gigged with them a few times, the first time we played with them was in the Concorde Youth center and it was a f*cking sham! There was no-one there AT ALL. We recently played at a local festival with them. They're ok... We've got a sort of rivalry because they're always trying to outdo us (unsuccesfully, I might add ). I don't want to say anything bad about them because they always find out and send us arsey MySpace messages What's your band called? ... This is bloody weird.....

To stay on topic, other local bands... *is trying to think of bands near Margate* ? They're good! Fun pop-punk with piano.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by Yakult

Oh god, you know Shibby?! HAHA! We've gigged with them a few times, the first time we played with them was in the Concorde Youth center and it was a f*cking sham! There was no-one there AT ALL. We recently played at a local festival with them. They're ok... We've got a sort of rivalry because they're always trying to outdo us (unsuccesfully, I might add ). I don't want to say anything bad about them because they always find out and send us arsey MySpace messages What's your band called? ... This is bloody weird.....

To stay on topic, other local bands... *is trying to think of bands near Margate* ? They're good! Fun pop-punk with piano.

Yeah we played with them at the Red Arrow Club, by the train station, which is right by the Concorde haha. Concorde is such a dive, it really is an awful place usually overrun by chavs. I can see where the rivalry would come from, they play a similar type of music, I checked you guys out on myspace, good stuff . My old band was called Yet To Be Desired (which I did not choose ) and then changed it to This Year's Silence (again, I had no say in these shitty names). But my old band was crap, so I've joined another band, and we should be gigging soon, we should gig swap sometime in the future

/end essay

Also, I'd like to recommend Say Anything if they haven't been mentioned already. Amazing band (although not unknown/new, they're worth a shout).

Quote by ETHANEVIL

I heard Say Anything on the Zane Lowe show last week! I couldn't believe it! Not long till Brixton

Let me know when you gays are ready to gig and you've got yourself a deal!
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Brand New + Say Anything ohhhh yeah. I need to save some money for it..

Alright cool, I'll add you guys on myspace, and when stuff gets done (we're recording in the next few weeks) I'll message you

Quote by ETHANEVIL

DELAY, modern machines, team stray, LEMURIA!, merkurs, Tin armour, Teenage grenade, and yeah theres a start.
Quote by the_astronaut
Brand New + Say Anything ohhhh yeah. I need to save some money for it..

Alright cool, I'll add you guys on myspace, and when stuff gets done (we're recording in the next few weeks) I'll message you

did i mention that im so jealous
Quote by tpen892004
did i mention that im so jealous

I can't stop gloating about this gig, haha, sorry.

Quote by ETHANEVIL

Quote by guitaristdave
haha
someone mentioned fastlane
my old band played our last gig with them
they are really good

Look in their album credits, there's a thankyou to "Jack@Smarden"... That's one of my best mates:he used to let them stay at his house when he put shows on for them \m/
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████