I really hope this is the right place to post this, but I have questions regarding the key of two Malmsteen songs...

- Far Beyond the Sun
- Amberdawn

I needs to work on my improv.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
He changes modes and keys pretty quickly so it;s quite hard to work out - though having said that i don't actually know either of those songs so i can't really comment
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Far Beyond The Sun is in the key of F# Minor.
Quote by Jimi Hendrix
The Blues Is Easy To Play But Hard To Feel.

Quote by Chris Impellitteri
I Promise That My Solos Will Only Get Faster.
[Practice Makes Perfect][Hell Yeah]
oh f# minor sounds right for FBTS, havnt played that song in years, tink you can even get away playin c# minor pent (for some penta-shred improve) not 100% certain as havnt played that track in long long time,lol
happy widdling!
Quote by Evil_Empire24-7
Far Beyond The Sun is in the key of F# Minor.

As in F# Aeolian? So C# phygian would work over the song as well? Or am I just completely off base...
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
I'm pretty sure he changes key a coupla times in that tune (but I may be mistaken)
Quote by TheUltimateSin
I use a 26-fret 7-string Gilgamesh 4000XR with dual overdriven flourescent-orange Seymour Duncan pick-ups...My guitar is badass, beeatch.

best air guitar ever
Quote by Archeo Avis
As in F# Aeolian? So C# phygian would work over the song as well? Or am I just completely off base...
no u can't call it C# phrygian though it's the same shape but we r still in the key of F# Minor so the point is u can use the minor scale and the modes of the Harmonic minor.
Quote by Jimi Hendrix
The Blues Is Easy To Play But Hard To Feel.

Quote by Chris Impellitteri
I Promise That My Solos Will Only Get Faster.
[Practice Makes Perfect][Hell Yeah]
You can use the hand shape for C# phrygian, just make sure to play F# as your root note, and you will, in fact, be playing F# aeolean.

Chris
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.