I plan to record a cover of For Whom The Bell Tolls with abacking track. Now I have this BT on CD and I'm wondering whether I should just connect the CD player to my amp and play along with it while recording. Or should I record the CD backing track on Audacity then record my guitaring over the top? Yes I am a noob about recording you don't need to tell me.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
I think your in the wrong section...but you should load it into Audacity then plug in your guitar and play over it. Thats what i do when i use BTs. Good luck!
Quote by gallagher2006
I think your in the wrong section...but you should load it into Audacity then plug in your guitar and play over it. Thats what i do when i use BTs. Good luck!

K thanks and Bye
Quote by Scott3229
i dont know what u mean by record it on there, you rip the file off the cd and import it into audacity (no recording with the bt) then u record the guitar over it

Ah what a cunning plan yeah I'll probably just do that.
Yeah, what you should do is put the CD in your computer and use a program such as Windows Media Player to rip the song to MP3 format and store it on your computer. Then you can import it into whichever multi-track recording software you have and just record over it. Then you can adjust the levels and mix the song to however you like.
My Gear:
  • Baby Blue Fender MexiStrat
  • Vox AD30VT

MikeLikes2Rock, I tried your idea, Genius!

Yeah, I'm a genius.