I am thinking about getting a Marshall DSL100 head
and naturally i have to buy a cabin for it too
but the cabinets are too expensive, almost as expensive as the head
aren't they just cabins
do they make that much difference?
What happens if i buy the crappiest cheapest one ???
I need a little guidance here
speakers do make a noticable difference in sound. a cab is described by the type of speakers in it (30W Celestions etc.) it's the last piece of technology your sound goes thru so it'd be a shame if you had a wonderful amp providing you with lovely tones only to be fed thru a crappy speaker which cannot reproduce the sound correctly.

they're pricy but there are other cheaper options that provide good tones aswell

not sure but i think avatar cabs are a bit cheaper than marshall cabs
any component that carries the sound (more so any component that actually makes the sound) is important, and should not be skimped on. it's no point having a fantastic power amp unless you're going to follow through and have an equally great cab.
Quote by T.S.R.
what?
if i were a midget...id go masturbate in public because...hey, im a midget and i can get away with anything

Quote by yawn
I heard Hitler was a pretty good guitarist back in his day...

Quote by guitar?
You're a towel.
Get a 212 instead of a 412. (avatar is the best bang for the buck in the lower price ranges)

Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

Go balls to the wall with Mesas. Oranges are also amazing

Dont get anything cheap, cause in the long run it will only hurt you. If youre the "NOW" kinda person, then I feel for ya, but yeah I guess anything will suffice.
Mesa Boogie 4x12 v30
Mesa Boogie 2x12 v30
Mesa Boogie Dual Rec

Mexican Strat
*Suggests for new guitar? PRS?
*New pickups as well? HumBuckers?
You can have a freakin' rad head thats the best ever, but the only way it can perform to its best is by having a good cab. I would go with mesa cab's, I haven't bought some, but I am borrowing my friends right now. They are the best ever.
Cabs are extremely important for the reasons posted above. If your Looking for best of the best. The Mesa REcto Cab is nice as well as the ENGL XXL is great. BUt IMO the Bogner Uberkab is the best
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
cabs are not the deal for tone. the SPEAKERS are but thats it really, the quality of the actual box makes no difference.

if you can get the framus CS212 cab (its 311euro here) you get 2 celestion vintage 30 speakers.thats a quality setup at a great price even if you ARE worried about the quality of the box!
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

Quote by buzz
cabs are not the deal for tone. the SPEAKERS are but thats it really, the quality of the actual box makes no difference.

that's not true, the quality of the materials and the build quality have an affect on the overall tone. Speakers are a major part, but putting great speakers in a particle board crap cab is a dumb move.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
I bought an avatar for my peavey classic 50 head, and i was amazed at the quality. I believe the woods are for the US, and it is made in the US as well. You even get to pick your speakers.
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

Like Erock and Syn said, construction of the cab matters too.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by buzz

Actually sir, a good cab is engineered around the specific speakers it entails, and aside from cab volume and architecture it also dictates as to weather or no the cab should be open/close/or ported.

So yea, Marshall doesn't just build a trapezoid and throw speakers into it, there more to the design than meets the eye
..that and if cabs didn't matter, people wouldn't be so concerned over open-back, closed-back, 3-ply birch, etc, etc.

The quality of your cabinet may also eliminate problems that plague cheaper cabinets (eg rattling). Plus, it can actually enhance the sound your driver (speakers) produce.

That being said, Avatar makes some very inexpensive and good quality cabs.
for me, i prefer oversized 2x12 cabs than a standard sized 4x12
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers
Quote by Erock503
that's not true, the quality of the materials and the build quality have an affect on the overall tone. Speakers are a major part, but putting great speakers in a particle board crap cab is a dumb move.

fine.......

i just thought about the open back closed back thing so iguess your right.
closed back to me sounds like shit.

i tilt my open back cab back abit for better projection.

i surrender!!!
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX