hey, you know the deal, gimme some advice on my amp. My budget is 1500US (going off prices on music123). also if the amp is available of music123 thats a huge plus as its easiest for me to buy online (live in australia)

the sound i want is- leaning toward cleans, santana/slash type deal, i want an amp that can handle pinch harmonics though. definitely want a gigable tube amp, not a practice one. the guitar i have (or my main one) is a warthogged gibson sg. any ideas guys>?
without looking at music123

Mesa Boogie for that Santana sound.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Marshall is the way to go man.

JCM2000 TSL100 head, since you have the cash. Though, I'm not sure how much the cabs would be...

Maybe something a bit smaller, maybe a Vox AD120VT, though I've never played one.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
i checked out the fender hot rod deville- although i read on some reviews arent great for pinch harmonics, anyone know about this?

also music 123 doesnt sell mesa boogies, any online stores with international shipping that sell em?
THD Univalve, you can put any kind of tube in it and it'll still work so you can just use what tubes marshall or mesa boogie uses and get a similar sound.
Quote by Denilson
hey, you know the deal, gimme some advice on my amp. My budget is 1500US (going off prices on music123). also if the amp is available of music123 thats a huge plus as its easiest for me to buy online (live in australia)

the sound i want is- leaning toward cleans, santana/slash type deal, i want an amp that can handle pinch harmonics though. definitely want a gigable tube amp, not a practice one. the guitar i have (or my main one) is a warthogged gibson sg. any ideas guys>?

well im not really big on santana but im pretty sure he uses marshalls. i know for sure that slash uses marshalls becasue i have seen guns n roses and i have his marshall sig amp
Quote by rocknrollgod
well im not really big on santana but im pretty sure he uses marshalls. i know for sure that slash uses marshalls becasue i have seen guns n roses and i have his marshall sig amp

i htink santana uses custom dumble amps for the past while.
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Quote by Denilson
i checked out the fender hot rod deville- although i read on some reviews arent great for pinch harmonics, anyone know about this?

also music 123 doesnt sell mesa boogies, any online stores with international shipping that sell em?

Yea Mesa would be a good choice... an F50 or Mark IV for cleans and that santana sound, but unfortunately they don't sell their amps online. So unless you could get one at a music store there in Australia ebay is pretty much your only option.
Marshalls would probably work pretty well too, they can get the pinch harmonics and most Marshalls can get pretty good cleans too. I don't have too much experience with them but I think they would work great for your needs. Good luck!
My Stuff:

Schecter C1 Elite
Mesa F-30
Maxon OD9 Pro+ Overdrive
Electro-Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi
MXR 10-band Graphic EQ
MXR Stereo Chorus
MXR Smart Gate
BBE Sonic Stomp
So basically $2000 AUD?

Im in Australia too, i recently bought a "Laney GH50L" which came with a 4x12 quad all for $2000. Really really versitile all tube amp, great cleans, crunch and distortion.

Your preety hard pressed to get a Mesa in australia for $2000
dude screw music 123 ebay is the best , and look at a JCM 800/900 and maybe just maybe a blue vooodoo beacuse it has an overdrive channel for that slash/santana sound and it has a lead channel for your harmonics
Marshall DSL100 fo sho. With a good cab of course.

And dude, dont be so set on an amp thats "good for pinch harmonics". You can do a pinch harmonic on anything with a string pretty much...plugged in or not.
Quote by Denilson
i have been looking at traynor amps- any good for what i want?

Well a Tranyor YCV50Blue should be perfect for you!

Otherwise a Marshall JCM800/ JCM900 shoudl suit you to.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Gabel
Well a Tranyor YCV50Blue should be perfect for you!

now thats gangsta, i was looking at those and they look good, and about the pinch harmonics, i dont agree that anything can pick em up, i got a cheapo 30 watt amp now and the high pitched sounds of harmonics just make it buzz out like a transistor radio, so like totally
^Yeah, but more or less no solid state can, but tube amps can.

The Traynor has a british Marshall esque character (due to the EL-34's) but Slash uses Marshalls and if you put a compressor in front of it (and roll of your tone) you should get a nice Santana sound!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009