So, basically I got a Strat knock-off that I don't use anymore. It's just sitting in my room taking up space. So, I decided once I get some cash, that I'm going to fix it up.

Anyone got any ideas for pick-ups, finish, etc.?

I'm thinking of putting some Seymour Duncan Hot Rails in, but I'm not sure if I should put something else in.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks.

EDIT:

I'm completely open to sugesstions, just throw anything out there that comes to mind.
Cut a JEM-style handle in it.

Put in Bare Knuckle pickups if you're in England, or Duncan Invaders.

Paint it flip-flop green, so it changes colour (you have to paint it green first, then cover it with this special laquer that makes it change depending on the light).

Write all your most emo lyrics on the pickguard.

Make Glow-in-the-dark inlays and plastic parts.

Put a Floyd Rose tremolo on.

That sounds like fun. Unfortunately I'm not in the UK, so I'll have to think of another choice for pick-ups.
hey they uncensored emo!

ok mate so i guess because it's a strat you can ignore sashki's post. you've probably got 3 single coils, you can replace them with hot rails for a metal tone (do i sense you're a megadeth fan?) or fender originals / copies if you're a fan of a more classic tone. just realised you already said that .

you can buy pickguards EVERYWHERE, however it wouldn't be a bad idea to take the one you've got on it now and just paint it, it's more personal that way and it's the easiest way to change the colour of your guitar without stripping it's entire finish and repainting it.

You might also want straplocks, or something. Maybe a new tremolo? a black one if you want to the guitar to look a little more heavy.

um, several other things, tone purists sometimes replace their nuts with graphite, and many professional musicians use locking tuners/machine heads - they aren't that expensive and they're a good easy customization.
Marty
um, several other things, tone purists sometimes replace their nuts with graphite, and many professional musicians use locking tuners/machine heads - they aren't that expensive and they're a good easy customization.

I don't think all tone purists choose graphite... Some would choose brass or bone depending on what kind of tone he/she would be looking for. You can't place all tone purists in one giant bandwagon and kick them off like that.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead