So, I've listened to a lot of good punk the past 6 six months, and I really enjoy it. I listen to The Clash, The Ramones and The Sex Pistols.

Now I wanna hear some more, so I searched on the internet for ''new'' (70's punk) bands and I found these:

The Voidoids
The Stooges
Iggy Pop

So, now I would like to have some songs of those bands, so could you recommend any songs for me?

And do you know any other punk bands that I might be interessted in?

Thank you in advance
Did you see the stylish kids in the riot?

Quote by pinheadslts75
I hate AVA. They sound like U2 and Rush getting beat up by Panic at the Fall Out Boy.

:stickpoke
iggy and the stooges: the album "raw power" fricken rocks
also dead kennedys, they are usually classifed as hardcore + they are quite political, but they rock... their forst album "fresh fruit for rotting vegetables" is real good. (their most famous song would be holiday in cambodia, so you might want to get that)
Gear:
Ibanez Destroyer
Roland Cube 60
Boss TU-80
Ovation acoustic
Original Crybaby

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried" Josh Homme

My Profile

^^Check out my profile for some improv solos^^
Richard Hell and The Voidoids - Blank Generation, Time, Love Comes In Spurts, New Pleasure, Who Says (It's Good To Be Alive), Liars Beware, Betrayal Takes Two, I'm Your Man. Really you should just get Blank Generation (The whole album) and possibly Spurts: The Richard Hell Story. You won't be disappointed.

The Stooges were Iggy Pop's band, so those two are really one in the same. I would recommend Raw Power as far as albums go, and some others will probably say Fun House.

As for other bands, you might like Television, The Heartbreakers, The Rotters, X, The Weirdos, MC5, Radio Birdman, The Dictators, and the New York Dolls.
Are you trying to stay with USA punks? I'd add Dead Boys to the list.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Whups, I can't read.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
the voidoids - blank generation
iggy pop (the stooges) - tv eye, down the street, 1969, no fun, 1970, loose, raw power

other bands
dead boys - all this and more, sonic reducer, aint nothing to do, what love is, flame thrower love, dead and alive, i dont wanna be no catholic boy, high tension wire, down in flames
johnny thunders and the hearbreakers - chinese rocks, born to lose, get off the phone, pirate love, one track mind, let go
new york dolls - trash, puss n boots, jet boy, pills, personality crisis
the weirdos - fort usa, destroy all music, we got the neutron bomb, solitary confinment, helium bar, life of crime, cyclops helicopter
cocksparrer - england belongs to me, i need a witness, whats it like to be old?, riot squad, running riot, argy bargy, secret army, droogs dont run, anthem, east end girl
menace - glc, last years youth
Green Day
Good Charlote
A7X
New Found Glory
Hawthore Heights
As I Lay Dying

<33
Member of the Big Muff Club, PM sonicyouthsaves to join.

Quote by whyvern
I <3 Relient K and Christian Punx!

Up da jesus!!!!
Quote by Mudder
Whups, I can't read.

Actually, you can. You read half and I read half :/
For the Voidoids Blank Generation rocks.

My favorite Stooges album is Funhouse (It's actually my favorite Album) but any of their CD's would be fine.

If you like the Stooges you should also check out Radio Birdman.

In fact you should just go out and buy the Essential Radio Birdman because it's just that good.

Birdman songs to Check out: I-94, New Race, Aloha Steve and Danno, Descent into the Malestrom, and Burn my Eye '78.
Not what your looking for, but I recommend Pinhead Gunpoweder highly... It's sooo ****ing good.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
U.S. bombs, they have been around since 96' , but if you like the pistols and older punk stuff i think you will dig them
Quote by opivy21
Richard Hell and The Voidoids - Blank Generation, Time, Love Comes In Spurts, New Pleasure, Who Says (It's Good To Be Alive), Liars Beware, Betrayal Takes Two, I'm Your Man. Really you should just get Blank Generation (The whole album) and possibly Spurts: The Richard Hell Story. You won't be disappointed.

The Stooges were Iggy Pop's band, so those two are really one in the same. I would recommend Raw Power as far as albums go, and some others will probably say Fun House.

As for other bands, you might like Television, The Heartbreakers, The Rotters, X, The Weirdos, MC5, Radio Birdman, The Dictators, and the New York Dolls.

Listen to this guy.