Nme
My Gear:
Epiphone SG
Vintage SG
Stagg Strat (With replaced hardware and a Duncan Invader )
Hohner Strat
No name Acoustic
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
Boss MT-2
Boss DS-1
Roland Cube 60
Wires and patch cords and stuff..
Quote by Stevie B
Nme

^

there's one indiezine around here but it prolly won't interest you much cause it's writen in portuguese. mondobizarro
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
The Fly's good. And free.

Quote by sponj

I concur.

Is it my imagination, or is the NME even more patronising than usual? I was flicking through it in Smiths yesterday (I didn't buy it because I'm not a cunt) and there was one of those 'Classic Album' features on Reign In Blood where you'd have thought that the author assumed that the reader would never have heard any music before 1993. He had to explain who the Dead Kennedys were, for fucks sake.

Saying that, with the NME's general readership...
Last edited by scoob666 at Aug 25, 2006,
To be fair though, the request was for, "any magazines about upcoming Indie artists", and the NME (along with Pitchfork these days) still seems to be the one that makes acts big.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
I think Paste is a pretty good one, based on all two issues I have. Filter is pretty good as well. Spin I just can't take, though.
SPIN used to be the vanguard for TRUE indie and alternative, but lateley they've just gone to the shits. For god's sakes, My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy, Taking Back Sunday, the saviors of punk rock as we know it... I think not.

But they do have occasional good articles, I loved the article on the Lips a while back.
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
Arthur Magazine, Filter Magazine, Spin Magazine.

And Joe Barge, you have the symbols in your sig mixed up. Well, I hope you do.

oh, ahaha i've had this sig for about a year and haven't even noticed it. (failed math)
Yo
Do I have to live in the U.K. to receive The Fly, because I can't find a way to subscribe on their website.
Yo
Their are a few free music newspapers that are pretty good. One's called Exclaim!, and I can't remember the other one.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

to be honest, im posting because i want to have all the posts at the top of the forum, and this is messing it up, but to make it worthwhile...

sandman magazine is alright if you live in the north, but its not as good as thee humbug, which is one of the greatest fanzines known to man. ever.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
I've heard good things about Paste and Filter. There are some Indie Magazines I just don't like.
Sent from my iPad.
the big takeover, magnet
The best song will never get sung
The best life never leaves your lungs
So good, you won't ever know
I never hear it on the radio
Can't hear it on the radio