So, who here likes Johnny Cash? I for one, love the man. He has some of the best songs I've heard. Simple stuff, it's country, but he's better than most of today's music. Folsom Prison Blues is my favourite song by the man, how about you?
Hell yeah! Johnny Cash owns! If it weren't for Cash we would have a 1/4 of the great music out today. I just got his latest album. Great Gordon Lightfoot and Neil Young covers. My favorite song of his right now is "Give My Love to Rose". That song kills me.
Quote by Fallon, Jones & Sage Francis

"By the way my name is Marcus. But if you like you can call me Sensei."

American Idol - or as I call it, the Gong Show Rip-Off

According to #Yeezuz, Kanye West is a god. As if I needed more reasons to be an atheist.
Johnny Cash pwns. My favorite songs are Folsom Prison, Boy Named Sue and I really liked his cover of Hurt.
Yeah Johnnys awesome so far all I have is his greatest hits, any reccomendations for my next one?
I haven't really heard much of his music, but he does some great vocals on Bob Dylan's Girl From The North Country, and I enjoy his Nine Inch Nails cover, Hurt. He does it alot better than them, in my opinion.
Quote by beastiebeatles
Yeah Johnnys awesome so far all I have is his greatest hits, any reccomendations for my next one?

All of his "American Recordings" are awesome. After Columbia dumped him without even telling him, and after a small era at Mercury records, Rick Rubin picked him up on Def America (Def Jam). He encouraged him to play by himself with no band and it was the best music of his career IMO.

According to #Yeezuz, Kanye West is a god. As if I needed more reasons to be an atheist.
Quote by beastiebeatles

Live at Folsom Prison and San Quentin. Really excellent albums.

Also, more and more people seem to be listening Johnny Cash. I mean, it seems to be cool to listen him now Although, IMO, he deserves all the credit he gets.
Quote by xX*Zeppelin*Xx
Also, more and more people seem to be listening Johnny Cash. I mean, it seems to be cool to listen him now Although, IMO, he deserves all the credit he gets.

That's probably because of the movie Walk The Line.

I love Johnny Cash. Definitely one of the greatest artists of the last century. I'd have to pick Folsom Prison Blues as my favourite song. How can you not love something with the line "I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die"
WARNING:This post contains explicit portrayals of violence; sex; violent sex; sexual violence; clowns and violent scenes of violent excess, which are definitely not suitable for all audiences.
Quote by xX*Zeppelin*Xx
Live at Folsom Prison and San Quentin. Really excellent albums.

My grandfather used to play Johnny Cash when I was a kid and my mom played it it the 80's and I Started getting his stuff for my own collection around 18. He has been cool all 24 years I have been listening to him.

A Question; When Johnny sings about a 'tennessee flat top box' what is he referring to?
It's a great song, but my favourite is I Got Stripes
Quote by That Wog
A Question; When Johnny sings about a 'tennessee flat top box' what is he referring to?
It's a great song, but my favourite is I Got Stripes

Trains. Box car trains. A lot of southern music revolves around trains coming and going symbolizing life, society or anything else they use choose.

I definitely have a lot of respect for Johnny Cash. I have "Jackson" stuck in my head quite often. Ha. I need to stop watching Walk The Line so much. It's a fun song to sing, though.
Do I have to fall asleep
with roses in my hand?
Johhny Cash is the man, I really like his cover of Soundgarden's Rusty Cage. Also, One Piece at a Time is one of my favorites.. hard to pick, all of his songs are great
I think his cover of U2's One pwns. So does his version of Wichita Lineman, I would STRONGLY recomend it to anyone who hasn't heard it.
When they kick at your front door
how are you gonna come
with your hands on your head
or on the trigger of your gun
I have been a johnny fan for a while now and i must admit that i was pleased with the movie " walk the line" ... I thought that it would blow but it was actually good...also i think that it was really cool how the the actors actually sang most of the songs themselves...makes a movie more real

also i have to agree with many that his best song is folsom prison blues peace...
Johnny's always been awesome. I grew up in a country listening family. He's definitely a classic. His popularity was really boosted by "Walk the Line" which isn't necessarily a bad thing. It usually gets people to dig a little deeper into the stuff that's not featured in the movie.
It's the perfect time of year somewhere far away from here.

UG's Barenaked Ladies nerd