the seven nation army i tried to make the verse riff alittle more interesting at times
i used crazy effects on both solos
havent added vox yet
just tell me what you guys think

http://www.purevolume.com/30dirtyturtles
A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
try learning how to tune your guitar, i was cringing through smells like teen spirit
you wanna buy a bus ticket mate?
ya its a little out of tune but WTF is cringing?
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
CHorus on Teen Spirit is good but verse is screwed up.
Quote by Krost
a Ghost possessed my dog and made him buy a 50 cent CD.

Watch it now, watch it!

"I died a little inside when Steve Irwin died...RIP"

Honorary Masshole. PM SOADFanSince'98 to join.
ya i still gotta figure that out for it to sound good i need to turn my gain down but that would mean doing as im playing and im no morello
cringing is making the face you make when you bite into a lemon lol
you wanna buy a bus ticket mate?
good job on seven nation army, fix the freaking verse its horrible on smells like teen spirit
SLTS - pretty much a combo of these guys crits. Tune the guitar and use clean at the start and flanger on the verses. Also at the end of thechorus sort it out! it sounds like you arent playing the right thing. And the distortion is FAR too high throughout. the solo is either wrong, or suffers from the tuning problems. I cant tell which. And at points where there isnt meant to guitar, turn the volume doown so you dont create feedback or accidental hits.

SNA - Again: dont use distortion all the time it makes the song sound the same through out. Also, its pretty obvious you only gave us your first try, as quite often you hit the wrong notes. If you only went back and redone it fixing these mistakes it would make all the difference! Solo is a bit wierd to, doesnt sound very much like the original. lol im sorry there are just too many mistakes on an easy main riff throughout. If worse comes to worse, play the riff once properly and copy and paste it in Audacity to make up the Rhtyhm section.

I hope you take this crit and sort out the mistakes. I know you could do it properly if you took the time!
HELL YEAH spice it up bro, DISTORTION all the way. THAT is what i call punk baby.
Leave the songs the way they are. There ****ING A-OK.
7 Nation Army was good, i think some volcas will improve it and not make it so repetitive, i liked the solo it was fine.

Smells like Teen Spirit, i dont like the tone too much, and as some said it was out of tune, so fix those 2 things and you ll get a good cover, nothing bad with playing in neither song.

Can you critic my cover of Led Zep?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=419925

Thanks!
Quote by dread321
ya its a little out of tune but WTF is cringing?

cringing = what you do when someone scraps there fork on a plate or nails on a chalkboard

pretty decent playing, too much distortion and not enough treble on the guitar, and the guitar is mixed a tad too high, otherwise pretty good, and i dont know if u were trying to do harmonics toward the end.. wasnt workin, but ull get better

pretty much same thing for 7 nation, too much distortion but close, uve got psuedo metal distortion with a moderate rock song
Last edited by Scott3229 at Aug 25, 2006,
hmm. Not bad, I've definitely heard worse covers of Teen Spirit. But yeah, on the verse your guitar should be on clean and more in tune. For the chorus you have a bit too much distortion.

Waiting for the solo............

Ok. The solo isn't exactly the same as the original, which isn't bad except for that the rhythm is completely wrong.
My Gear:
  • Baby Blue Fender MexiStrat
  • Vox AD30VT

MikeLikes2Rock, I tried your idea, Genius!

Yeah, I'm a genius.