Okay, my drummer left a lot of trash at my place after he left the band. Among this was a Bassman 100 which he apparantly thought was broken. Doing some tests, however, I figured out it simply had a faulty input. I was wondering if it would sacrifise sound to plug my bass in through the effects return? My other amp has both an effects send and an output. Thanks for any help!
"If faith is the answer we've already reached it
and if spirits a sign, then it's only a matter of time"
it only costs about 20 bucks to get a new input jack and get it installed
Quote by ToolBass_dude
Look on youtube.com- search "rediculously hard classical **** that no one in their right mind would try" and you'll find some 5 year old asian kids playing it
Take it to an amp tech. Get it fixed up.
Or fix it yourself, it can't be that hard at all.

And is this one of the old Fender Bassmen? Or one of those ****ty discusting ones they roll out nowadays?
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Take it to an amp tech. Get it fixed up.
Or fix it yourself, it can't be that hard at all.
And is this one of the old Fender Bassmen? Or one of those ****ty discusting ones they roll out nowadays?
If it is an old one it will only be in head form, also be very careful with it they can be a little difficult to get in and out of the cab.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
the input jacks of an amp don't fail very often. if they do, its' usually something simple. it could be a broken solder connection, but more likely, the positive connector
just needs a tweaking(bending). the 1/4" connector is a very simple switch. it only has two contact points. to find out what you're specific problem is, you must remove the amp from the cabinet. in combo amps, that is when the amp and the speaker are in a single cab, the amp is normally secured by four, five, or six screws in the top of the cab. remove the screws and carefully pull the amp out forward. it fits very tight, so be careful. examine the jack. if no wires are loose, bend the long connector slightly toward the center of the jack. you will know what i'm talking about, when you see it. if you discover a loose wire, resolder it. or take it to the shop. replacing a jack runs about $30-$50. well worth the price for a Bassman 100 that works correctly.