Page 1 of 2
thats pretty awesome, your own custom paint job done by yourself#

does it require any special paint or anything?
Member #15 of the 'Guitarists born in 1991 club' PM blues_rocker greendayguitar or gdm09 to join.
Quote by cockzit
I also told a girl I knew how to make bombs and I was suspended from school. I hate snitches, I swear.

LOLZNESS
i wanna find someone who has tryed htese 2 cuz they r saddly kinda kool, and i feal like a drok now for saying that but o well
Member #5 of the UG Luthier's club.
member #3 of the vermont cult
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join"

Quote by LightningRider
T Heff, No shit I'm a n00b

Quote by Will_Minus

EDIT: t heff wins the for the best response.

Quote by carousel182
i im gonna have to agree with t heff
I think I just found my next guitar....

I would probibly get the LP with the ebonized fretboard. It comes with gold hardware and covered all black pickups (they look like emg's but they aren't). So what I want to do (eventually) is get one and stain it cherry red and do a cherry/black burst. Heres a picture of what I want to do to it. Its not exact but it shows my idea:

My second choice would be the flying v:
Last edited by livrockdie at Aug 27, 2006,
i would like to get this one (i think its called forest model but not sure)

http://www.starpowerguitars.com/guitar_8.html,

what i want to know is the quality, cause if i bought it, i would change the pickups, put some straplocks and maybe locking tuners, so i have to know if they are good quality, or else i would settle with a schecter damien fr

in case anyones curious, i would paint it white with blood splatter finish, black pickups and so on
I actually let my curiosity get the best of me, and I ordered a StarPower guitar, the unbranded RiX model... www.starpowerguitars.com/guitars_rix.html ... If it sounds even half as good as it looks, I will be pleased, cuz this axe w/ a hardshell case was only $159 plus S+H. Even if the electronics suck, I would just switch 'em out anyways... I'm kind of expecting to have to work on it initially. Regardless, I'm bound to get SOME use out of it (it IS a guitar, after all). I will let you all know how it plays and sounds when I get it... maybe I will write a song with it and post it...

Check me out on MySpace:

www.myspace.com/sonicmessiah
Last edited by SonicMessiah at Sep 3, 2006,
do the kits come with a hardcase, cause that would be great, also SonicMessiah, tell us when you get it
Can you spot the toggle switch?
Ibanez RGT42DXFX with emg 81/85
Schecter C1-Classic
Vox AD30VT
Knock off P-Bass
Quote by Alexander_BR
how does it play

Well, you put your left hand on the long brown part. Then you put your right hand over one of the two black rectangles.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by Will_Minus
Well, you put your left hand on the long brown part. Then you put your right hand over one of the two black rectangles.

, i mean the quality of it, is it as good as a fender MIM lets say or an epiphone, is it worse, how good are the pickups they come with, does the licensed floyd rose stay in tune
Well, my StarPower Guitar came in the mail today.... I ordered the RiX series, featuring a 3-piece basswood body,bolt-on maple neck w/ rosewood fretboard and medium frets, two high-output humbuckers, a floyd rose lic. trem, a 5-way toggle switch, 24 frets, shark-fin inlays, 0ne tone, one volume knob, and no brand on the headstock.

Oh, where do I begin...

Well, the five way toggle (as advertised) turned out to be a 3-way switch. Bummer. Some of the inlays aren't quite the same color as the others.... but other than that, WOW, plays like my $600 Jackson, BETTER than my $500 Ibanez RG, or like my V-Type (NOT the EXP model, high-end) ... the pups are HOT, with a nice ultra-gain type distortion, the neck is thin, smooth and fast, the body immaculate, AND I got a free case with it. The hardware is cheap, yes... the electronics aren't grounded the best, yes... But FOR THE PRICE, with a little repairs and such, you can do absolutely no wrong. If you bought a more expensive axe, you would have to put money into it ANYWAYS, right? My advice is, buy one of these and splurge on a new bridge and pups, and you have a MONSTER axe, at a fraction of the price. I give this guitar a B+, and look forward to buying and customizing another StarPower guitar (maybe the PYOG series) in the future. I was quite suprised with it, considering I spent less than $200 and expected a crappy axe with alot of problems. No such thing here.
yea i get my starpower strat on friday, with any luck...their online store service is really glitchy, i ordered it next day for 16 bucks and now they are like " no it actually should of been a couple hundred bucks so we shipped it ground" and i have the invoice sitting right in front of me that says 16.95 next day shipping....totally bougus but hey they have good cheap guitars, nothing better than that, perfect for modding if you ask me...they are looking really good with some emgs maby....
Last edited by sempri_fi at Sep 11, 2006,
I heard starpower got into legal trouble with some guitar manufacturers about there guitar kits. So they stopped selling their guitar kits.
Ibanez RGT42DXFX with emg 81/85
Schecter C1-Classic
Vox AD30VT
Knock off P-Bass
does anyone know if the kits come with the gutiar case, cause if they do, im buying one for sure

edit to GnGonzalesjoe: they are still selling the kits online, so i dont think they have any porblems at the moment
yes! i got my spg strat on wendsday, early even! and all i have to say is wow. it is really nice. it only took about 5 mins to adjust it how i like and it plays really good, the pickups are accually decent, not too noisy for single coils, and the finish is a really nice sunburst, on front and back too, when i got it the tuners were loose but they have an adjustment screw(yay) so now it doesnt really loose tuneing when i use the trem.. and the best part is you can use fender parts on it because they are made at fender specks, so warmoth necks, and basicly every other replacement part that fits a fender will work.

and they are 100 bucks so if you want to mod the hell out of them, you can...thats what im going to do...
Quote by sempri_fi
yes! i got my spg strat on wendsday, early even! and all i have to say is wow. it is really nice. it only took about 5 mins to adjust it how i like and it plays really good, the pickups are accually decent, not too noisy for single coils, and the finish is a really nice sunburst, on front and back too, when i got it the tuners were loose but they have an adjustment screw(yay) so now it doesnt really loose tuneing when i use the trem.. and the best part is you can use fender parts on it because they are made at fender specks, so warmoth necks, and basicly every other replacement part that fits a fender will work.

and they are 100 bucks so if you want to mod the hell out of them, you can...thats what im going to do...

Is that body solid or is it a plywood laminate?
They dont sell the kits anymore?!?!? I cant believe that man. Damn you fender and gibson. DAMN YOU!!!
Nope. No more kits. To be honest, I think a big part of the reason was a guy over at Harmony Central. He was a big *#@&. He got all pissed off because the guitars were made in China and felt that was wrong and that he had a moral obligation to tell Gibson that they were selling Les Paul copies with a headstock that was nearly identical to Gibson's.

They have a design that they are offering soon that looks pretty cool.
ya, but still, i was only excited about them cause they had cheap kits, couldnt they just rearange the guitars body and neck so it isnt identical (kinda like esp doing jackson v or les paul)
they are solid body guitars, no plywood... they are still nice and light, and basswood is still a good wood, not the best but definately better than plywood by far, and it still has pretty good sustain.
Page 1 of 2