I just recently got my floyd rose setup on my guitar and set back to standard and when i try to drop the fine tuners so I can play in drop D i get D#. Is there anyway for be to be able to play in drop D on a floyd? would i have to retune the gutar?
Good dealings with:
Vash_08
Madsjc
jdr94
Delanoir
creativlogic
Yes you would have to retune the guitar but it will offset and **** the FR.
Quote by DoTheEvolution
It's worse pissing when you come in from the really cold weather and your penis has shrunken to the size of a coffee stir straw and the piss feels like the blast from a super soaker.
i have an ibanez with a fr
you should unscrew the first lock and tune down to D
or set your fine tuners so low you could easily pull it down on D
or hold a whammy dip for about 5 seconds
then it's taht low you just have to tune all the strings and tune the e-string down on D
Hold my breath
as I wish for death
Oh please god wake me
if you have the FR balanced it should be able to tune down on D without have to tetune the guitar or to mess around with the feathers
Hold my breath
as I wish for death
Oh please god wake me
If a d-tuna wont fit, you have to reset the trem back, messing around with the fine tuners still wont get you to D, even if it does, your bridge wont be parallel and slightly sunk. Another way is to get a tremol-no but you wont be able to pull-up when you're in dive-only mode.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
There is basically no way to drop d, get a backup guitar. the tremol-no has problems, dont buy one til theyre sorted out. Even if you drop the fine tuner to a d youre other strings WILL be out of tune, so dont believe anything else. We actualy just went over this in another thread.
Playing more paintball and reading more books than playing guitar lately.
Just get a Tremol-No. I have one installed on my Jackson Warrior and it saved my life. Perfect for any alternate tunings.
Quote by JunctionP
There is basically no way to drop d, get a backup guitar. the tremol-no has problems, dont buy one til theyre sorted out. Even if you drop the fine tuner to a d youre other strings WILL be out of tune, so dont believe anything else. We actualy just went over this in another thread.

Problems? what sort? the dive only mode? coz the lock-fix mode seems fine.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by madpickin03
Problems? what sort? the dive only mode? coz the lock-fix mode seems fine.

go on the tremol-no website, go to the forums. Theyre absolutely loaded with threads about ppl having problems with them, whether its just me being stubborn or not, I really dont want to buy one until I see those types of threads dissapear.
Playing more paintball and reading more books than playing guitar lately.
I have a Charvel Model 2 with Floyd. I keep it tuned to standard. I bought a fixed bridge axe for alternate tunings. I hate messin with da Floyd.
Seriously, I'm in the band.
Quote by JunctionP
go on the tremol-no website, go to the forums. Theyre absolutely loaded with threads about ppl having problems with them, whether its just me being stubborn or not, I really dont want to buy one until I see those types of threads dissapear.

Well, what i know about the T-no is that they release it pretty fast without proper instructions, just a simple vid which doesnt seem to help the installation much. Kevan is now trying to fix all those since a lot complain about the "slippage" of the T-no. And it seems that the T-No is quite fragile to wrong use, so if you mess up something that you arent suppose to, you oughta be contacting Kevan back for a replacement.

Kevan is also providing free service of installation if you arent happy about your T-No. At least thats what he said...
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
With that Tremol-No could you put it to hard tail mode then change tunings and then pop it back into full floating mode without any problems?
Thank you guys for your input its appreciated

About the laney head:
I dont have any sound clips recorded but it sounds great as soon as I get a chance this weekend ill record myself playing on it and send it over to you if you need them, just message me if you still want them
Good dealings with:
Vash_08
Madsjc
jdr94
Delanoir
creativlogic