Hey,
Im taking my neck pick up and turning it upside down to see how it plays. Unfortunately, I dont know how to do this. So does anyone have advice/websites that illustrate how to do this?

Thanks

Also, it may be very simple...such as picking it up and turning it upside down, but I wanna make sure I dont break anything. I searched google and wikipedia, but I found nothing that actually showed how to do it.

And one more thing, would reversing the polarity of the pickups be hard? And if not, how would i go about doing that.
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat
afaik to have the neck pickup "out of phase" all you have to do is turn the pickup itself around, dont change the wiring so that the pole peices face in the opposite direction, the pickup will play as it would normally on the neck position and the same goes for the bridge but when you select the middle and combine them youll get that early fleetwood mac peter green out of phase sound
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Last edited by tommyt at Aug 25, 2006,
So i just pick it up and it turn it around? ALright, that sounds pretty simple. Thanks

Although, what do you mean by poles facing the opposite direction. Is that basically reverse polarity? Or is that the location of which you place the pickup. Sorry, but Im new to the technical side of the guitar.
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat
do you have humbuckers? if you do the little screws, those are the pole peices if thier close to the neck turn them so theyre closer to the bridge
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22

Quote by daeqwon10000
Oh ok, well I have a S/S/H setup, so the necks are single coil. Would this invlove just spinning it in a 180degree direction?

EDIT: I got the pick guard off, but its really hard to switch the pickup around, as there doesnt seem to be enough wiring to allow it. Also, is it ok the touch the pickup and everything. True, it seems like a dumb question, but I dont want any problems.
Last edited by HeartInACage at Aug 25, 2006,
hmmm actually im not sure how that would work with single coils tbh, thats why i never tried it with my p'90s
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22

Quote by daeqwon10000
Oh, I tried switching the single coil, but the pick guard doesnt fit back down because of the nonmirrored shape of the single coil. Is there any way around this short of cutting out extra room? I could squeeze it down, but the pick up then slants at angle and cnat be good for either the tone or the guitar.
Theres really no reason to turn a single coil around, not that I know of anyway. Cutting your pick gaurd would be the only way to make it fit... You said you could force it down, so you could probally just file the gaurd abit to make it fit.

Changing a humbucker around will give you more lowend.... I belive
Really? Perhaps I confused the two. Ill give it a shot.

Oh, and it was the pick guard the was too large, it was the single coil that was too large for the allotted space given. Thanks regardless.