I was tuning down to play a song the other day..and I suddenly and an idea. Would it be possible to put "tuning presets" in an amp? For example, the amp maker would put a tuning preset for Eb, D, etc and the notes you would play would be automatically converted. . So, say you're at a concert, the song you're playing is in E tuning, but the next song is down a half step, so you hit a footpedal, and your sound is instantly dropped a half step.

Obviously it'd sound more digital, but do you think this would ever be possible?
Quote by madpickin03
In an amp, i dunno, but on pedal, yeah, its called Pitch Shifter.

Really? Awesome. I can't believe I haven't heard of that.
if they can do it in a pedal im sure it could be intergrated into an amp
Quote by Danno13

Go cut your wrists or whatever it is you emo kids do for fun, I'm not helping you.

member of UG's gain \/\/hores- pmgpderek09 to join
Just build a pitch shifter into the amp. No biggy.
I'd be impressed when somebody figgers out how to do that with drop D or open G tuning!
I have a digitec pedal that does that. If you play it too quietly you can hear the strings on the guitar AND the sound out of the amp and it sound horrible. But I guess that wouldn't be a problem live.
Although technically you cant shift your guitar from standard E to drop D, but you can do from E to Eb. It works pitch wise, so all your notes go a half step up / hafl step down.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by Spamwise
Really? Awesome. I can't believe I haven't heard of that.

haha, n00b...
Quote by Erock503
they make something like that for the guitar already, but I haven't heard of an amp doing it.

http://transperformance.com/multimedia/index1.html

Oh yeah, forgot 'bout that thing, the only thing that i can remember bout that is that its filthy and ridiculously expensive...
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
well i know the digitech whammy has detune settings. i use it, but it detunes the whole guitar up to 1 step down, so u can be in standard e, and it changes it to standard D (weird i know)(and it doesnt sound very digital at all ), and if u have the pedal in the right position, u can get it set to E flat tuning (kinda hard to get it in tune tho).
but that's just a side feature of the digitech whammy. i use primarily for crazy pitch shifting and harmony, the detuning's ok if u wanna play DGCFAD tuning. lol
thats just my 2 cents. maybe u could try the boss super shifter, maybe it'll b ur cup of tea
Jackson Dk2M
LTD James Hetfield Truckster
1969 Gibson Les Paul Custom

ZOOM Fire 36
Marhsall Valvestate VS100
Black Box modeling device

Digitech Whammy
Boss Metalzon
Boss SuperChorus
Boss DD3
DunlopCrybaby from Hell
Quote by madpickin03
Oh yeah, forgot 'bout that thing, the only thing that i can remember bout that is that its filthy and ridiculously expensive...

haha, troof. Looked very cool in the vid demos, but the coolness factor doesn't last when you see the price. I don't remember what it was exactly either, other than I would have to give them my firstborn son.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503
haha, troof. Looked very cool in the vid demos, but the coolness factor doesn't last when you see the price. I don't remember what it was exactly either, other than I would have to give them my firstborn son.

Your set up ****ing owns. / spam