Alrighty, I am buying an Ibanez RG321MH shortly and I figured I'd also switch the pick-ups on it.

What I play is classic rock/melodic rock/ (think Guns N' Roses, AC/DC, Magnum...) and I wonder what two new humbuckers would give me the best sound for my style.

I play rhytm/lead, so I'd prefer if one pickup is great for solos and another for good crunchy distortion.

Also, I live in Sweden so if I'm buying online it requires that the company ships the pickups to other countries (unless of course, anyone of you'd happen to be Swedish and hint me)

My friend will switch the pick-ups for me, so I do not need to send the guitar away.

I hope I made some sense, thanks in advance.
youve kinda brought the wrong guitar lol, if u wanted that kinda tone you shoulda got a les paul with a set of p 90's you could probably get a set of p 90's erm check out. www.axesrus.com its where i got all my gear the guitar im building. i thinks its free delivery!!!
well for crucnh, u can check out the Seymour Duncan Alnico II's. Slash uses it in his les paul, should be able to get you that classic rock crunch ur looking for. Alnico II in the bridge is gonna be real crunchy, and for the neck you can put alnico II in there as well or find a nice neck pickup for clean sounds if the alnico II in the bridge isnt cool for you regarding clean sound.
but in general, Seymour duncan is a pretty good pup company for rock sounds and whatnot.
Jackson Dk2M
LTD James Hetfield Truckster
1969 Gibson Les Paul Custom

ZOOM Fire 36
Marhsall Valvestate VS100
Black Box modeling device

Digitech Whammy
Boss Metalzon
Boss SuperChorus
Boss DD3
DunlopCrybaby from Hell
Quote by m1dnight
youve kinda brought the wrong guitar lol, if u wanted that kinda tone you shoulda got a les paul with a set of p 90's you could probably get a set of p 90's erm check out. www.axesrus.com its where i got all my gear the guitar im building. i thinks its free delivery!!!

i think the guitar he's buying will be fine for that music. i think it's mahagony (but i may be wrong...).
not really sure about pickups, i guess those Duncans will be ok.
So for my music style, would you rather suggest that I buy an Epiphone Les Paul (bear in mind that I can't access Tokais or Agiles and such) and switch the pups on it?
Gibson 57 Classics. I have em in my guitar. Great AC/DC sound. All I have to do is flip to the neck pup and add reverb and it sounds like Sweet Child O Mine.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
^^ What 666 said. I heard the wood was better in the RG321 thus making it more worthwhile to upgrade.
I just found a store that sells Seymour Duncans not far from me. So Alnico Pro II was suggested for bridge pickup and rhytm, any other SD that would fit my soloing?
that ibanez has mahagony body and as i've heard, it's a great guitar. probably very fast and thin neck. it'll never sound like a les paul (cause it's not one) but with a pickup change it should sound very nice...
i think that epi LP standard has a piece of alder sandwiched in the body which isn't really great for tone in general, but you could check out the standard plain top which is all mahagony i think.
try both cause they feel different, and decide which you like best.
btw, no other ideas for pickups...
Last edited by 666_Belial at Aug 25, 2006,
Still unsure about pickups, but thanks for the advice, Belial. I saw that the store had a special offer on an Epiphone Les Paul Goth, and its body is all mahogany from what I can tell from Epiphones official website.

Think it will sound good with a pup-change?
^^i guess it should if it's all mahogany.
EDIT: it's all mahogany and so is the epi LP standard plain top. so check that if you like the LP more than ibanez.
Last edited by 666_Belial at Aug 25, 2006,
Will do so. Now all I need is a good solo-pickup.

Thanks for the help so far everyone.