My Gear:

Epi Les Paul Standard
Fender 48th Street Strat
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Martin Koa Acoustic
Some crappy unnamed bass
Quote by guitarfreek909
Good Charlotte

Erm, I'm not a fan but their songs are written about their life so...

And to the dude below me, Avenged Sevenfold are very controversial, but taking into account most bands these days are wanting to "look" the part, back in the '80s it was just the same, only tight jeans and leather jackets...
*shrugs* I don't know...
Last edited by Jaykib at Aug 25, 2006,
Jet
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
give outlines for a poser band, and how is jet poser there just a strait up rock and roll band
Jet? Jet's actually pretty good when you break the music down.
I thought all you guys hated Fallout Boy?
Who cares. Music is music. Some sucks some is good. Deal with it.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
outline of poser bands, kids who have no idea of music listens to then, ex:rap, greenday, bands who the whole song is 3 different power chords and people still think they are good, like american idiot fro greengay, lol my new nickname.
Quote by eyeownyu
outline of poser bands, kids who have no idea of music listens to then, ex:rap, greenday, bands who the whole song is 3 different power chords and people still think they are good, like american idiot fro greengay, lol my new nickname.

Wow, greengay. Now THAT is original.
Quote by Diversity
i used to wish that i had a bigger penis but sh*t out of luck so far. i guess 3 inches isn't that bad.

Lol another Greenday, rap, and fallout boy bashing thread.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Quote by eyeownyu

There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
The thing is... Sure I personally dislike Green Day, Fall Out Boy, Good Charlotte and all hip-hop with all my heart, but bashing them is unnecessary.

I mean, music comes in all variations and only because a song is structured with three chords only doesn't make it less of a song. And we all have different tastes, and maybe Good Charlotte is the only "real" music for some.

What I'm saying is, a song isn't automatically "better" because it happens to be based upon a 15-chord progression and an insanely fast guitar solo.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
ok first off rap is not talent less, outkast a very talented song writers. There a lot better than most bands at writing songs.

Also i hate how things have to be complicated to make it good, sometimes the sweetest things are the simplest. See somepeople try to jam as many notes into a solo as possible, but i find that if you can play one or two notes that have emotion and fill teh solo than thats talented.

For instance jack johnson although all his stuff is very very simple has a great sound and should be respected. Hes a good guy whos having a good time with it and generally is just tryin to entertain the people.

I think people get jealous that some people get famous on simple songs and stuff, but some of the simplest things are the most respected and loved. Any love for the paperclip?

If theres any kind of band i would call poserish and rubs on me the same way id say its hte movement of hardcore, screamo bands lately. There just so similar and seem very prefabricated to me.
Quote by eyeownyu
ya avenged sevenfold sucks, all they have are alot of tatoos and they are weirdos

lol their posers because you think their weird lol jerk ass
this whole thread is dumb. no one here has the right to name anyone a poser band, since none of you know who the people really are. how can you say that the people in those bands arent really like that? and since when did music have to be fast and complicated to good? and eyeownyu, do you think the doors, the ramones, and ac/dc are all complicated? angus young played some of the simplest solos ever. and you know what, they sounded kick ass. and a bunch of people here that posted how these bands suck just cuz they are simple, all like bands that play simple stuff. the only people here that have had any real points and havent just said "oh these guys suck just cuz they are on MTV", were red sox and demonwolf. and if you go by the basis that bands suck just cuz they "conform", you wanna know whos really conforming, all the damn "nonconformists". people that sit around and bash green day just cuz all their friends do it, are just as bad as everyone that listens to them just cuz their friends do it. so get off your high horse, learn to deal with the opinions of others, and grow up.
Go get your shovel.
poser bands= almost about every band that you will see on mtv including good charlotte, green day, and fallout boy...but those are just few of many
this thread sucks. it should be closed. deleted. and forgotten. It in no way has to do with electric guitars and/or instruments in general.