I am getting a new guitar to go with my VOX AD50VT-amp (recommended by you guys at UG, I can't thank you enough!)

And I've heard good stuff about Ibanez, so I dug up a few options.

Ibanez RG321MH (and switch the pick-ups)

Ibanez S470 BK- How is the floyd-rose on this one? I have no experiences with tremolo systems, but I don't use alternative tunings or such. So will it be good, considering I always play in standard tuning? And the pick-ups, are they good?

Epiphone Les Paul Goth- I've heard it has an all-mahogany body, if so I can just switch the pickups.

Thanks for any help.

Rock on!

-DW
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
The pickups on both RG and S470 (the same Infinity pickups) are rather basic and indistinct - but they'd be the only thing wrong with either guitar.

The ZR tremolo on S470 is a very good unit that has great tuning consistency and return to pitch - there's some info on it in my sig.

If you have a budget for a pickup swap, I wouldn't go for the Epi over either Ibanez.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Yeah, I will buy the guitar and then save up for a pickup change. I'm leaning towards the S470 since it seems like the RG321MH plus a better look and an appearantly good floyd rose.

That leaves pickups, I can get Seymour Duncans from a nearby store... But which ones?

I play classic rock and occasionally some metal, so I need one pickup for good rhytm and one that'll give my solos a nice touch.

^^
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Good choice on the amp.
I wouldn't recommend the Epiphone. If you want an all mahogany, you can get a Gibson SG special for $600. I play a Gibson through the AD 50, and it works fine. I don't know too much about Ibanez, though.
idk a whole lot cause i only played since christmas but i think a fender stratocaster would go good with a vox, and it has a tremolo
Quote by metaldud536
Because there is a bomb in the lasagna!

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
make loud howling noises and throw your feces at them whenever they bring it up, I suggest that your GF does the same.
but dont get me wrong my first guitar was ibanez and it was great but as it was a beginner pack, it had no trem and wasnt the highest quality
Quote by metaldud536
Because there is a bomb in the lasagna!

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
make loud howling noises and throw your feces at them whenever they bring it up, I suggest that your GF does the same.
I want something with humbuckers, and really not a Fender. Don't get me wrong, they are great guitars but I found them to not be as powerful as I want for my music style. The Gibson SG looks nice, but I am afraid it is expensive as hell over here in Sweden (taxes+taxes=expensivez0rz)

I'll look into Ebay, but I'm not sure how it'll work out due to me living in Europe...
Quote by Ichikurosaki
The stock ibanez pickups sound fine on my vox. Upgrade the speaker before you get pickups, some of the unpleasant tones are caused by the damn speaker. It's horrible.
Hi.

I'm like..so cool

Quote by ?øXÍÇÍ?¥

Cheesemuffin > les paul

Runner Up for best guitarist...

Meh better than nothing
Quote by CheeseMuffin909
The stock ibanez pickups sound fine on my vox. Upgrade the speaker before you get pickups, some of the unpleasant tones are caused by the damn speaker. It's horrible.
I've been considering the same amp, or the 30-watt version.

What are the costs involved in upgrading the speaker, and what materials do you recommend to do so?

Thanx!
Ibanez S470 (2005 Black)
Washburn D10SCE
Vox AD30VT
I would recommend the 10 inch celestion I think it's like 89 dollasr.

Sorry i'm drunk off of cabo wabo.

Hi.

I'm like..so cool

Quote by ?øXÍÇÍ?¥

Cheesemuffin > les paul

Meh better than nothing
My VOX AD50VT has a Celestion speaker (the AD30VT does not) and I think it sounds fabolous.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Quote by Demon Wolf
I am getting a new guitar to go with my VOX AD50VT-amp (recommended by you guys at UG, I can't thank you enough!)

And I've heard good stuff about Ibanez, so I dug up a few options.

Ibanez RG321MH (and switch the pick-ups)

Ibanez S470 BK- How is the floyd-rose on this one? I have no experiences with tremolo systems, but I don't use alternative tunings or such. So will it be good, considering I always play in standard tuning? And the pick-ups, are they good?

Epiphone Les Paul Goth- I've heard it has an all-mahogany body, if so I can just switch the pickups.

Thanks for any help.

Rock on!

-DW

thank god i saw this. I am a loyal ibanez user and will defend them to the death, and incidentally have a vox ad 50Vt, so I will say: the S470 has an excellent trem, good versatility and nice looks, and plays nice. Will work a good combo with your amp. Look no further, oh and the RG321MH is too cheap
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Last edited by J.MitMetallica at Aug 26, 2006,
The S470 looks downright awesome. Thanks alot, I will get it. But I need pickups for it, can you please help with that?

As I said, classic rock and occasional metal. I can get ahold of Seymour Duncans, but I am unsure of which models I'm to get.

One for crunchy rhytm and one for solos would be the optimal. Thanks in advance.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Oh yeah, I just noticed it has three pickups (two humbuckers and one single-coil). So if someone could recommend me a mix of three Seymour Duncans that would make the guitar really sing, I'd be very glad.

Rock on!

-DW
Quote by Ichikurosaki
tone zone bridge, air norton neck, whatever you want in the middle. make it a single coil EMG and do two output jacks. haha.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Do you want a BIG tone? If you do Ibanez is NOT the answer.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
^Those are Dimarzios, not Duncans. But Demon Wolf, are Duncans the only brand you can get a hold of?
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Quote by Muppet
Do you want a BIG tone? If you do Ibanez is NOT the answer.

Why not? Ibanez are great guitars. Their S-series is a brilliant design as well. Most of the players who have the best tones in my opinion play ibanez.

Joe Satriani

Steve Vai

Andy Timmons

They make mahogany guitars that certainly deliver BIG mahogany tone.
Hi.

I'm like..so cool

Quote by ?øXÍÇÍ?¥

Cheesemuffin > les paul

Meh better than nothing
As for the tone issue, I want a guitar that'll give me some crunchy rhytm tone and a sweet-singing solo sound. And from what I've gathered, it seems like the Ibanez S470 will suit all my needs.

Anyways, Cheese, I live in Sweden, so if I put it this way: Duncans are the easiest for me to get across since they are sold in a store nearby, and the store can also bring home SD pickups they don't have in stock.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Quote by CheeseMuffin909
Why not? Ibanez are great guitars. Their S-series is a brilliant design as well. Most of the players who have the best tones in my opinion play ibanez.

Joe Satriani

Steve Vai

Andy Timmons

They make mahogany guitars that certainly deliver BIG mahogany tone.

Amen
\,,/_[><]_\,,/