This band is so ridiculous.

www.myspace.com/lyebymistake

More technical and crazier than Dillinger.
Better guitarist than DragonForce.
Better keyboardist than HORSE.
What other band has flamenco, jazz and salsa breakdowns?

It's just crazy.

I saw them play in about a 20x20 space with 15 other people.
The singer just ran around grabbing people's hats off their heads and throwing them across the room.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
They bring it fresh. Nice find. Do you have the CD/EP or whatever they released?
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

sry if you havent heard of it, death metal bands that wear girl jeans = emodeath
I have the full-length, which is the EP + more songs. I could send it to you on AIM on Saturday or Sunday, out of town at the minute.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
Sunday sounds good. What's your AIM?
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

sry if you havent heard of it, death metal bands that wear girl jeans = emodeath
there the lambgoat band ive known about them forever

the webzine lambgoat started up a record label, and lye by mistake was the first to sign
The singer from lye by mistake is oging to do vox for the tony danza tapdance extravaganza starting tommorow.

theyre cool though.
i would rather staple my own hands to a train, than pray on knees that judge and blame.
This band is completely awesome. Some of the metalish parts are kinda generic, but some are really headbang worthy. The jazz and other genre stuff is amazing, I enjoy it more than most jazz artists I listen. The guitarists are crazy, as well as the drummer. I'm kinda glad the singer doesn't actually sing, I like the instrumental jazz parts.

Amazing band, it needs more fans. I think anyone that likes technical metal with jazz and latin elements would like this band, if they don't mind the -core. But don't let the -core put you off, these guys are the opposite of generic, and I'm about the most metalcore hating guy I know.
Yes they are. I would say their metal parts could get better but the way they seamlessly flow latin/jazz into metal (It never sounds unnatural) shows songwriting ability close to Between the Buried and Me's or other progressive metal bands.

I think "Nero's Intention" is their best song. It's 9 minutes and 16 seconds and never gets boring.
I saw them with Between the Buried and Me earlier this year. And then kinda forgot about them until I saw this thread. I remember being impressed at the time though, I'll give them a second listen.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by GodofCheesecake
I saw them with Between the Buried and Me earlier this year. And then kinda forgot about them until I saw this thread. I remember being impressed at the time though, I'll give them a second listen.

Same here, except for that I remembered I wanted to check them out about a month ago. I have to say I like them a lot better live than on any of their recordings though.