ok heres the deal
i slapped some elixirs on my truckster (yea i do use it alot lol ) a week ago, and an hour ago the high e snapped while i was doing a half bend on the 15th fret (i wasnt bending like a madman, just a simple 1/2 bend lol). i had to grab the e string offa a set of d'addarios i had around. i'm upset with the fact that although the elixirs offer everything i'd want (bright enough for me, rust resistant, and sustains pretty good), they break VERY easily
other than elixrs i usually use D'addarios, but they rust out pretty quickly even though i wipe em after each session, plus they loose their smoothness real quickly.

so my question is:
what brand of sting has bright attack, rust resistant, good sustain, stays smooth for a long time, and DONT BREAK EASILY?
i never tried ernie balls on yet, bue i dont wanna potentially waste the money if they're not what i'm looking for. can u guys help me out?
ty all of u have been helpful so far with my other threads, btw. thanks a bunch!
Jackson Dk2M
LTD James Hetfield Truckster
1969 Gibson Les Paul Custom

ZOOM Fire 36
Marhsall Valvestate VS100
Black Box modeling device

Digitech Whammy
Boss Metalzon
Boss SuperChorus
Boss DD3
DunlopCrybaby from Hell
yea DA's i use normally but they loose their smoothness quickly and it just doesnt feel slick after a while, and it just "de-inspires" you and slows you down, u know what i mean?
Jackson Dk2M

ZOOM Fire 36

Digitech Whammy
Boss Metalzon
Boss SuperChorus
Boss DD3
DunlopCrybaby from Hell
Quote by Truckster_\m/
yea DA's i use normally but they loose their smoothness quickly and it just doesnt feel slick after a while, and it just "de-inspires" you and slows you down, u know what i mean?

all my guitars are strung with dadarrios and dont loose the smoothness quickly. maybe we have different definitions on the word quick?
Ovation Celebrity
MIJ STRAT
Ibanez Prestige S1220WNF
modded Ibanez GAX75
Fender tuner-DIGITECH EX-7-BOSS SD1-Ibanez CF7-Tech 21 TM 60
(LOOP)Boss DD20(Loop)
My soundclick page
really? hmm. u use any string cleaner after ur done playing? like GHS fast fret or dunlop sting cleaning?
Jackson Dk2M

ZOOM Fire 36

Digitech Whammy
Boss Metalzon
Boss SuperChorus
Boss DD3
DunlopCrybaby from Hell
maybe ur bridge is a little sharp.

anyway, D'adds sell a coated string too. u might want to check it out.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I have some type of acid in my sweat, so strings die pretty quickly for me, so Elixirs are perfect.
iv always found ernie balls to be bad news i.e not long lasting, im good with d'dario
oh i gotta check out those daddario coated strings. i usually use XL with the .42-.09 gauge. do u perhaps know the name of the strings?
Jackson Dk2M

ZOOM Fire 36

Digitech Whammy
Boss Metalzon
Boss SuperChorus
Boss DD3
DunlopCrybaby from Hell
hmm i see earnie ball super slinkies in .42-.09 (The pink package), they seem to be not only a budget (3-4 bucks), but i can get 2 of these for the price of those damned elixirs. idk maybe earnies are good for me. there's only 1 way 2 find out, tho. well anyways keep the suggestions coming....
Jackson Dk2M

ZOOM Fire 36

Digitech Whammy
Boss Metalzon
Boss SuperChorus
Boss DD3
DunlopCrybaby from Hell
I used to snap about 3 strings a week until I re-evaluated my playing style and attack. Also, I did a ton of work on my guitars to make sure every contact-point on the guitar was as smooth as possible. I replaced the stock steel saddles on my strats and silhouette with graphite saddles and used emery cloth to smooth the transition from tremolo plate to saddle. This helped quite a bit, and it's a rare occasion that I snap a string anymore...I don't even think I've snapped a string at the bridge in years, most of the time they break at the tuning post now.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitar/navigation?page=1&N=100001%2B305311&Ns=Brand%7C0

u can flip thru for the D'add coated in the size u want.

and ernies are a little weak. lately ive been backing off them.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
i like my DR strings they last very long and they stay clean
YES I'M THE GUY WHO GOT HIS PENIS STUCK IN HIS ZIPPER!!

Member #17 of "I Survived UG Pwned Day" Club

Member #59 of the Alter Bridge Rocks Club

Member #3 of the Boston Red Sox Fan Club

Member #2 of the "4chan.org Sucks Balls" Club