Hey, me and a friend were looking around at a guitar book and found the Gibson Moderne. Well he has around 800-1000 to spend on a new guitar and he now insists that he needs this. Well after and hour or 2 of looking, I am asking for some help. Can any of you find or know of a Gibson Moderne for sale around that price range?

THanks
You can't.

The originals are still missing, no evidence that one actually existed. The reissues from the '80s they made a few hundred but they sold poorly.

None on eBay right now.

None at Elderly.

AccessGuitar had one of the reissues, came to $2500.

Back in '99, Epiphone announced a Moderne-shaped guitar with built in speaker... But I can't see it selling well.

Tommy's Guitars had one, came to $2300.

He's either going to have to compromise, save a lot more, or build his own.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
Ouch that is expensive. That stinks seeing as we both worked and together we made another 300 for it. So we can't even get like a totally beat up reissue for 1300?
:Haha I think I have the same book. I almost pee'd a little when I saw how fugly the headstock on that thing was. They sold terribly, so anything left is probably just a collectors piece.
Quote by crazylaughboy
Ouch that is expensive. That stinks seeing as we both worked and together we made another 300 for it. So we can't even get like a totally beat up reissue for 1300?

Basically, there are no guarantees that they made ANY Modernes originally. The design was used for a patent application, and for a catalogue.
The reissues, which are dated between 1981 and 1984 ran to between 500 and 700 guitars.

500 to 700 of these guitars in the world.

There is a reason that you never, ever, ever see a Moderne anywhere. They just aren't easy to get a hold of.

Plus, a custom shop reissue, of a phantom guitar, it's not players who buy them, it's collectors.
If players bought them, then you'd see more, simply because there'd be some pressure to keep up supply when they got broken etc.
For players to want to buy them, there'd have to have been some kind of classic Moderne tone that they wanted to get.

Collectors bought up the Modernes. So there aren't any beat up ones on the scene.

Save a lot more, compromise, or build your own. Warmoth don't even build the bodies.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!