I'm not quite sure where to put this, if it bothers anyone a mod can move it somewhere else.

So I just got back from the weeklong guitar sessions thing at Berklee college of music in Boston. It's an absolutely awesome experience, especially if you stay at the dorms- it's basically 5 days of playing guitar, learning theory, and chilling with other guitarists. And jamming with professional rhythm sections, which is really cool as the drummers in my area suck. It's in a really nice area too, music stores everywhere and lots of stuff within walking distance. The concerts they set up are cool as well, it was kind of a trip going from jazz guys like the Tim Miller trio to shred like Gary Hoey and Joe Stump in a week.

And to make this not a total statement thread, has anyone else gone to this or some similar guitar camp?
dude i have a story just like that....

so im running through the enchanted forest the other day and I ran to a funny little fellow name Spoogle. He gave me a little red peice of paper, much like the one I engested a hour earlier, I stuck it on my toungh and no sooner thank I had done that my back began to ach. The aching became unbarable and my back slowley began to tear open, but to my surprise big beautiful wings sprung out and lifted me to the land of Farmouth. This was a strange land I was not accostum to but after several years of living among the farm people I soon learned there rituals and traditions. I then was given another red peice of paper by golem from lord of the rings and my back began to ach. I screamed in pain as my wings burst into flames. without my wings the people of farmoth would no longer accept me so they expelled me from there fortress in the clouds. As I fell I remeber my childhood as a sprite but this flashback was soon halted with the smash and splash of my head and brains against the concrete.

I awoke in a hostpital in Dallas. The nurse informed me I had ingested a large amount of LSD and jumped off the school flag pole.
Hey
Seriously, it's expensive but it's worth it. If you already have a decent guitar just spend that next 1000 dollars on the camp instead of a new one, you won't regret it.
You can actually get "scholarships" (I'm not sure if that's the right word) that pay for most of it really easily if you apply for one and live in MA. There is so much pot on that campus. I didn't bother this year since I was away this week.

Hope you had a good time. I may be bold saying this, but I hardly thought it was worth the full price. And I didn't even pay that.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
I was there. It was just awesome being there. I gained so much from the classes, instructers, and the jams. It was probably one of the best experiences of my life.

Oblique, what style did you do?
Current Rig
Guitar: Jackson DK-1
Amp: Peavey JSX 212
Effects: Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah, ISP Decimator,
MXR 10 Band EQ
How is it actually going to school there? The classes I had were really chill and laid back, I'm guessing the real college classes are more high pressure.
My friend spent about 6 weeks there doing that kind of thing...

He left as a pretty decent singer-songwriter, but a fairly bad guitarist, and now he's actually pretty good...I'm quite impressed.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
I was in Boston (AKA the greatest city in the history of man) last year. It's fucking awesome to see live music on every street block. Maybe I'll move there sometime.
Quote by oblique
How is it actually going to school there? The classes I had were really chill and laid back, I'm guessing the real college classes are more high pressure.

Well, the classes are pretty demanding, however I enjoy music so much that even the difficult is enjoyable. After all, we're talking about music here & learning to play your axe better! Regardless, the 'atmosphere' is chilled.

You don't want to go somewhere where the LEARNING is chilled. You don't learn anything in those environments.

Brad
Quote by 777
Well, the classes are pretty demanding, however I enjoy music so much that even the difficult is enjoyable. After all, we're talking about music here & learning to play your axe better! Regardless, the 'atmosphere' is chilled.

You don't want to go somewhere where the LEARNING is chilled. You don't learn anything in those environments.

Brad

That's what I meant- the actual stuff we were learning was demanding for me at least, lots of musical ideas and chord theory. It didn't feel overly competitive though, which was good.
! that's the college i'm planning on going to. sounds amazing.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
joe stump \m/
he was my mates teach at berklee
would love to attend that college, its expensive to go there id imagine?!?!