well ive tried both at guitar center, an epiphone les paul standard and les paul custom and i cant really find much difference in the tones and stuff. they're both around the same price range too, the customs just about $100 more. i cant figure out which one to get.

so i was wondering what your guys' opinion on the guitars are? similarities? differences? and which one would you recommend for my personal musical preference?

musical preference:
- soundgarden
- tool
- joy division
- RATM
- NIN
- Metallica
- Jane's Addiction
well alot of people will say that the customs are just the same as the standards but with better looks, i have to disagree on this, ive played alot of epi standards and my custom just feels so much better than them, id go with the custom
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by dyingrevivalx06
i like the customs.. they look nicer and in my opinion sound better.. plus they got the cool custom shop symbol on the headstock..

The only difference is the cosmetics, how could it possibly sound better? The amount of binding+ different inlays etc etc doesn't effect tone noticably.

They are EXACTLY THE SAME. Same woods, same pickups, same necks, etc etc. The only difference is the added cosmetic features. If you want a nice realiable guitar get the standard, if you want to look a bit flashier get the custom.
Hi.

I'm like..so cool

Quote by ?øXÍÇÍ?¥

Cheesemuffin > les paul

Runner Up for best guitarist...

Meh better than nothing
Quote by CheeseMuffin909
If you want a nice realiable guitar get the standard, if you want to look a bit flashier get the custom.

hahah, i think i'll go for the custom if the tones are the same one and it looks nicer. thanks everyone.
THey're really the same guitar just cosmetocs the customs look nicer though.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Quote by Social.Alien23
hahah, i think i'll go for the custom if the tones are the same one and it looks nicer. thanks everyone.

Enjoy it! It's a great guitar.
Hi.

I'm like..so cool

Quote by ?øXÍÇÍ?¥

Cheesemuffin > les paul

Runner Up for best guitarist...

Meh better than nothing
Id get an Epi Les Paul falme top, instead of using the Standard Epi Mahogany/ Alder body its onbly mahogany and therefore has the real Les Paul tone.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
^ That's what i thought until i read an issue of "guitarist" magazine where,yes it has more mahogany,but does also have a maple/adler top!
Actually, you should get the studio.

Standard = Custom.

The studio is the cheapest and best for the price, and the studio is exactly the same as standard and custom.

However, a downside is that people will beat you up if they see you using one in public.

(gosh how many times have I said that :p
Quote by tristan123/
^ That's what i thought until i read an issue of "guitarist" magazine where,yes it has more mahogany,but does also have a maple/adler top!

Well on Epiphone.com, Musicansfriend and so on it just says mahgany maple top, and i belive those more than a magasine.

Well id say don't get a custom, get a Stnard plain top and change the pickups
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009